Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Scouting Adventures

Chris and I have been chaperones at Cub Scout Twilight camp for the past two days, and we have three more days to go! We've had a wonderful time with our boys so far. Combined with the Webleos of the Fossil Ridge Ward, we're the Privateers of Den 12. (The camp theme is all pirate-related. Each of the groups has a pirate name, like Swashbucklers, Swabbies, Looters, Mauraders, etc. The heat was pretty searing yesterday, but we made it through. Word has gotten around that I'm expecting, so I'm kindly given the nice chairs and lots of water upon request. (I have the best, most helpful husband I could ever ask for!) I'll tell you though, being out in that sun and walking everywhere to complete activities--it gets you tired! Chris and I have fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV the past two nights, and then we stumble to the bed; we are simply exhausted! This is pretty much the last time we'll really be with our Webleos, since we were released as leaders on Sunday :( We love these guys and we will surely miss them when we move.

On a side note, I've been thinking about this ever since we got back from Dallas last week. On the city's official brochures, there's a tagline. Guess what it is? "Find your D-spot." Yep, find your D-spot. Chris and I cracked up at that. That reminded me of NJ's dearest Atlantic City's tagline (which is also on a large sign as you approach AC from the mainland/parkway): "Always turned on." Yep, always turned on. I wonder what Dallas's and Atlantic City's city councils were thinking. I don't think these people are particularly young...maybe they thought they are being "hip" or something. It just makes us laugh. I wish I knew some more questionable city taglines to share, but if you know any, I'd love to hear them.

Oh yes, I'm FINALLY taking my Spanish 441 final tomorrow--wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bond Fam said...

haha thats funny, that they put that on a billboard, your right, it sounds like they are trying to be cool, but its not working! I hope you did great on your final!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you did awesome on your final. (^_^) You two are too cute, I must say.

(this Abbie, by the way - not like a strange random person :b)

Aaron said...

Oh you brave, brave girl. Scouting? Camping? Pregnant? What was the Lord thinking giving you all THAT at once? You MUST be a rockstar!!!