Sunday, January 25, 2009

How is it almost the end of January?

This week has been a good one. Naturally, we could show you our entire week through pictures of Lizzie...so we will!















School has been fine. No midterms until the beginning of February...which, upon realization, is nearly here, so I'll get more worried soon ;).
Chris went on a scout trip this weekend--up in the mountains! In the snow! Where Chris and I come from, we camp in the summer or in the fall, so this was a new experience for Chris. It turned out very well, despite three out of the five leaders who weren't able to go. Because Chris dropped Liz and I off at school, I talked to Emily Griffin and asked her if Liz and I could join her and her husband Kevin for dinner at the good ol' (technically very new) Cannon Center and she said yes! Em also watched Lizzie for me while I sat through a most boring hour of my Anthropology lab...I don't even want to go there haha. We began "Emma" before Kevin came home from work, with treats from the Creamery on 9th. After dinner, we came back to their apartment to watch "Pride and Prejudice." We were in a Jane Austen sort of mood! haha We always have a wonderful time with the Griffin's and we can't wait to meet the new addition to their family, Channing, who is slated to arrive on April 18th!
Liz and I enjoyed a good Saturday sleep-in (and rather disliked no Dad in the house), but Chris came home from the camping trip around 1pm. He had bought a big can of Cattle Drive chili which they hadn't eaten, so he invited the boys over to our place to polish off the can and to enjoy a movie. After a vote, "Facing the Giants" was the movie winner and the boys pretty much cleaned out the chili!
Bri had called me yesterday and after a chat, we decided we should get together tonight. We invited the Stapley's over to our house for dinner (chicken tenders by Chris and Parmesan fries by me, courtesy of cookbooks!) and Bri and Steve brought Harry Potter Clue over. After setting up the game (it was pretty intense!) we sat down to play and we had a great time! Steve won, and it was...oh shoot. Dolores Umbridge, with the..., in the ...ahhh I forget, but Steve won. Haha! We want to play again soon! The Stapley's were also kind enough to bring some dessert, this cream cheese cake and cookies 'n' cream ice cream--so good! As always, we had a most marvelous time with Bri and Steve :)
Hope you had a terrific week--we'll talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Ashley Jensen said...

So how freakin cute is your daughter?! And I recognize a couple of those cute onesies too, they must have come from her favorite "aunt" :D

Ali said...

She is absolutely adorable! I love her enchanting eyes. ;)

Sean and Charity said...

Mary! Lizzie is absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations!! You are a beautiful mommy!

Kara said...

Mary! Your baby is beautiful, just like her mommy! Congrats! Like you I found your blog through the Nishimotos. :)

Sarraphim said...

Looks like Lizzie has the "eye-popping incredulity" look memorized already! Wonder where she gets it from... ;)