Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Confession Story & Pictures

For my eleventh birthday, my mom drove me and a few friends to Rio Grande so we could shop. We girls thought we were so awesome; we were going to shop by ourselves!She dropped us off and said she'd be back in two hours--we had two full hours to explore Peebles and Fashion Bug ;)

As we were leaving Peebles, someone said, "I'm hungry," and suddenly we were all ravenous. "Let's go get some wonton soup!" Amanda suggested. (There was a Chinese restaurant in the complex.)

Before I could stop myself, I asked, "What's wonton soup?"

Time stood still. My friends froze in their tracks, and I stumbled as I crashed into them.

"'What's wonton soup?!'"
"You're kidding...right?"

No my friends, I wasn't kidding. What IS wonton soup?

"Wait! Have you ever had an eggroll?"

...No.

Gasps all around. "Well, we are going to get Chinese food RIGHT NOW!"

So I had my very FIRST taste of Chinese food on a hot, humid day in August just before I started the sixth grade. Why had I never had Chiniese cuisine before this moment? I soon learned that my dad despises Chinese food--so naturally Chinese was never an option for dining out. It still isn't in the Jett household! Just thought this would be a fun tidbit to share. Love you, Father! :)

Enjoy some shots from the week!








3 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow, great story! I know why I never had Chinese food for a while - it was because all the smells and the way the food looked when my parents brought leftovers home after going to a Chinese restaurant were just too weird. I thought it was gross so whenever they offered, most of us would say no thanks...but boy do Steve and I enjoy it now! :) Love the pictures - Cate is starting early, already reading the dictionary!

Alexandra said...

I remember that birthday so well. haha Didn't we eat the soup off of plates? It's funny to think just HOW MANY birthdays we've shared together. And now you're cute girls will get to have their own 'super cool' birthdays. :)

Francesca said...

Funny! I grew up on nothing but Chinese when we ate out!