Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A moment of peace

I have a moment of peace bcause Chris has both girls occupied in the kitchen, baking some chocolate chip cookies. I like to say that Cate "supervises" from her high chair while Liz is the supreme sous chef. They love to be involved! Needless to say, we love having Daddy around after he comes home from work, now that school is over for the summer.

Last week we spent some time with the Clark's and we had so much fun. I mostly took some pictures of the little ones because they are too cute!




Chris wanted to buy Liz some sports equipment/fun things for the summer so we went to Five Below. The girls loved the purchases, as you can see--couldn't even let them go in their sleep!



We spent the weekend up in NJ. The weather was absolutely perfect! We had a wonderful time! On Saturday we went to the Cape May County Zoo. Everyone had a blast! Even Baby Cate who refused to keep her hat on her head. I keep reminding her that she is a fair lady who will burn...she listens sometimes :)






The zoo has really improved since I was a kid. They now have a gift shop, food court, merry-go-round, train, etc. We had to try some of it out!





As I said, the weather was gorgeous so we had to go to the beach for some exploration! It was too breezy to swim but that was okay.






Later on Saturday night was the Cherry Hill Stake Prom and after a bit of coaxing, Katie and Chris convinced me to go. I am so glad I did! What a great time...brought back lots of memories of my own Stake Prom. :)
Cape May ladies with their "chaperones" hehe

Katie and Mom

Ashley is home from UVU and she ended up coming too, so it was a blast from the past for the both of us!


Mother's Day was wonderful. Chris gave me a beautiful pair of peridot earrings and a new Vera Bradley baby bag in Paprika. Lizzie made an adorable card for me in Nursery and she actually drew smiley faces inside! Julia made a sweet picture frame for me and the family gave me a big bar of cherry blossom soap in a cute tin. The girls even played a song for me ;)

No comments: