Friday, June 3, 2011

Four years

One of my favorite parts of the day is when Daddy comes home. The girls head straight for the door--Lizzie running and Cate speed crawling--Lizzie hugs Chris's legs while saying, "Father! Father, you're back!" Cate sits at his feet, hopping up and down on her bottom to catch his attention. He grabs both girls football-style and rushes them into the house as they sqeal with glee.

Four years ago today, we set the foundation for our future by getting married on June 2, 2007 in the Washington DC Temple. So much has happened in these four years. We are the parents of two beautiful girls who teach us every day that parenthood is the greatest blessing on this earth. "We" are in law school, 1/4 of the way finished...hey, I might not be attending classes with Chris, but I certainly know more about the law today than I did a year ago! We've been here in Maryland for over two years now--we love the area and the people in it. We have done so much and we have so much more to look forward to.

When we first met in August 2006, one of my journal entries read something like this: "If Chris Killion were to ask me out, I would totally say yes!" :) At that time, neither of us knew that we would marry each other, but we are certainly glad we did!

Chris is my best friend. He knows me better than I know myself sometimes! He is the best father for our little ladies. He possesses so much more patience than I do! He goes to work every day (not always enjoyable work) to put food on our table and clothes on our backs. During the school year, he goes to classes AFTER a full day of work and still finds time to accomplish his schoolwork and his home/church responsibilities. He will send me out the door to give me a break from a hectic day even after he has had a hectic day himself. He constantly puts others before himself, especially when it makes others happy. He inspires me so much because he always does the right thing--not because he has to do the right thing, but because he WANTS to do the right thing.

Christopher Mikel, Happy Anniversary--four years down, eternity to go! I love you!

5 comments:

MEGMAR said...

happy anniversary!!!

Ashley Jensen said...

I love you guys!

Francesca said...

Ahhh, I wish I could see you and your beautiful family! Btw, I have a feeling that's your fave wedding pic because it pops up on your blog a lot. ;)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are an awesome couple!!! I hope you stay in Maryland for a long, long time!!!

Russ said...

You guys ROCK! My favorite part is Chris's football style grab of the kids! :D