Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer fun!

I figurec I should write a post before we take off for a week to NJ :)

Chris and Lizzie made it to Cars 2 (10am--no chance of a nap here!) and Lizzie absolutely loved it. She was so happy to see Lightning McQueen and Mater once again! (When we went to Walmart earlier this week, we stopped by the toy section and she showed me all the new characters of the movie.) Here are Chris and Lizzie before entering the movie theater--one of my new favorite pictures.


While Chris and Lizzie were at Cars 2, Cate and I shopped around the Rio. We stopped by Barnes and Noble for storytime too.


After the movie, the girls and I took a train ride. Lizzie and Cate had a ball! Now everytime we go down to the Rio, Lizzie asks to see the train.




Later on, we drove to Frederick to do some shopping and naturally, we had to go to Wawa for lunch! We found a picnic table in Buckeystown and enjoyed the nice [hot] weather.




On Monday, after our FHE, we drove to Damascus to get some ice cream at Jimmie Cone. Chris and Lizzie shared a banana split,

and Cate helped me eat a pineapple sundae.

Chris got Cate to stick out her tongue--


What a fun night! Jimmie Cone is awesome :)



This week I bought a watercolor paint set and paper pad for Lizzie and she has had a blast with it. We have a budding artist in the making!





Today is park/playgroup day, but it rained off and on throughout the morning, so I took the girls to the mall so they could play at the indoor playground. Cate wandered all over the place but her favorite today was the hollow "logs" and Lizzie joined her inside one of them. It's a little dark, but you get the idea.

Lizzie found this hat at Forever 21! She models it so well ;)

No comments: