Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cate's growing up!

For the past few weeks, Cate had been telling me she needs to go potty (this is while wearing a diaper). So I told myself that I just had to take a week and start potty training Cate. This week was that week. I started the same way as I did with Lizzie--sticker chart for successes. First day, take Cate to the bathroom every fifteen minutes, next day every twenty minutes, etc. Monday and Tuesday were consistent, four successes and three accidents each day. (Tuesday's major accident involved me scrubbing the carpet after a particularly awful disaster.) Wednesday started off well. Then Cate took a nap and after that.....well, we went through six pairs of underwear in five hours. Later that night, I was so nervous. Cate had been doing all right and then we had this setback!!! Thursday had to be better. And it was! Only two accidents on Thursday. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (as in today): no accidents! Cate is so proud of herself and we are certainly proud of her too. She is so excited about her new underwear and will show you if you ask her about it ;D Good job Catie baby! She filled her sticker chart (and I had to add another row) and she got to make a banana split with Dad! (Lizzie decided I should make a chart for her, and she had a banana split too) ;)
It was a little difficult for Lizzie, being stuck inside for the majority of the day. But she was a good sport and she loved to cheer for Cate! We made homemade playdoh one morning and the girls loved it. Lizzie made a pizza and she's pretending to eat a slice.
Cate loved to use the rolling pin with her batch.
I tried bantu knots again, this time only for the girls! They loved them and their hair was so cute the next morning!

5 comments:

Lois said...

Way to go Cate!! She did really good in Nursery too - though she needed help with her underwear, so it was good I was in there. Needless to say - Jeff will be getting you next week if she goes. :)

Jenni Rollins said...

Wow, she is getting so big! How old is she, by the way? Congrats on the potty-training success!

Mary Killion said...

Thank you!! Cate turned two on June 30, so she's almost 27 months old.

Francesca said...

Yay for Cate! I'm going through it right now with Caden. So far no "awful disasters" thank goodness!

usmle step 2 said...

very interesting post .