Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finally Finished!

This semester is over! Happy, happy day. Chris and I went to campus this morning where I dropped off my Spanish 326 final--my last final of the semester, picked up my Jane Austen term paper and criticism notebook, and sold some more books back to the Bookstore (got a whopping $14 for the bunch; three weren't being bought back). We also bought my books for next semester's classes: Anthropology 101, Biology 100, and History 201. Yes, I saved "the best" in terms of classes for last. YEAH RIGHT! haha Just the General Education requirements. All in all, I have completed ALL my English major and Spanish minor classes! And boy, does it feel wonderful.
I can't believe I have ONE semester left of college. ONE! I often feel as if I just arrived to campus, as a little freshman, ready to conquer Physical Science 100 and Book of Mormon 211. Quite the opposite--I have seven semesters of college behind me. Wow. I'm excited for this upcoming semester. I have Anthro and History up at the Salt Lake Center one night a week, and the Bio class is MW 4-5:30. No morning classes! This will be an adventure for sure.

Lizzie is a week old today. A week old! Unbelievable.

Sometimes I feel as if she's been with us for awhile (technically she has been, while she was in my belly), but still. It has been wonderful. She is a complete sweetheart. She isn't a crier or a screamer (unless her poor bottom is exposed to the cold air while her diaper is being changed). She loves her hands--waving them around, chewing on them to let me know she's hungry, punching the air, etc. She hates having her arms swaddled--she will fight the swaddle until her arms are free! It's funny to watch. Lizzie has been sleeping and eating well; her schedule right now has us relaxing during the day and up at night...so we're working on reversing that trend! haha Nah, it's not awfully bad, but still. She loves to smile, while she's awake and while she's asleep. She laughs at her daddy's jokes and loves to snuggle on his chest.

My mom has been the BIGGEST help to us...I don't even want to think about Wednesday when she goes back to Jersey...I'll write a post thanking her later. Bottom line, we have a wonderfully spectacular daughter and we are beyond happy to have her in our family. Mary, Chris, and Elizabeth. Love it!

5 comments:

Tay said...

you better let me know if you need help. i mean it. i totally remember when my family left and i just sat in the living room feeling more lonely than i have in a really long time. Don't be silly, just let me know and i will come. or call. i'm here when you need to cry and talk or just cry alone and need somebody to make sure lizzy is being played with. OK? I really really mean it.

emily and kevin griffin said...

so cute! we are so glad we got to come see you all last week. hopefully, we'll get to see you soon!

Little Lovables said...

Yay! You are almost done with school, I'm rooting for you!!

And oh my heavens, Lizzie is just the cutest little cupcake, how do you not just gobble her up?!?!

We are so happy for your family!

Francesca said...

Such a precious little addition to a wonderful family! Can't wait to see her!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Hey Mary! It sounds like you guys are doing great! Reading your blog reminds me of when we had Sam while at BYU. I even had to have a c-section with him too! (I hope your recovery is going well.) It almost 5 a.m. and I am waiting for Afton to fall asleep so I can go to bed! I hope you are getting more sleep than me right now...
Merry Christmas!