Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A healthy, growing Elizabeth

Chris and I took Liz to her two-week checkup, her first official doctor's appointment this morning: diagnosis--a healthy baby girl! Her stats:
Head circumference: 38 cm, 90th percentile

Length/height: 21 inches, 75th percentile

Weight: 9 lbs, 1 oz, 75th percentile


I can't believe she's gained a pound and four ounces over a two week period! A little chunk haha. So she's good all around, especially her head ;) I've said she has a big head like her dad--in a good way; that smart brain needs the room! Our doctor was happy to hear she's been sleeping and eating well.

Liz also had to have some blood drawn for some tests. The nurse pricked her tiny heel and had to squeeze blood onto some circles to be sent out for testing. That little spot wasn't cooperating, so the nurse had to prick her OTHER heel, and boy, Liz did not like that one bit. But, her torture was soon over; she ate her lunch and promptly fell asleep as we ran over to campus to get some more of my books for next semester.
The grand total so far for books (for my three classes, worth nine credits): $150. And that's NOT including my history class because my professor hasn't even posted the book list for that class! Argh. I hope she gets to it soon.
Oh yes--Bri and I watched the six hour Pride and Prejudice yesterday--verrrrry good. Colin Firth is an extremely great Mr. Darcy, although I still like Matthew Macfayden better. But the Mrs. Bennet here, wow. Most annoying! All in all, we had a great day!

3 comments:

Bond Fam said...

I hated that foot pricking thing its not fun at all to watch them do that to your baby.

Mary Killion said...

I completely agree. My poor heart ached for her, especially when they had to do it a second time!!

Tay said...

hey, sleep deprived woman - you gotta post again soon!