Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Really?!


Is Elizabeth six months old? REALLY? Yes folks, it is true. Liz is six months old as of Saturday. I had been thinking about it all week but I was reminded again when Julia called to wish her a Happy Half-Birthday (thanks, Aunt Julie)! Chris and I took her to her six month appointment yesterday and here are the grand results:
Weight: 17 lbs, 10 oz. (90th percentile)

Height: 26 1/2 inches (75th percentile)

Head circumference: 45 cm (90th percentile)


Liz is right on track and we are grateful for her good health (and her great sleeping habits!).

Dr. Wendy was as happy as can be and is very pleased with Lizzie's progress. We really like her as Liz's new pediatrician. She is pregnant herself and is due in July so we won't have her for Liz's nine month checkup, but that's perfectly fine. She'll have one of her own to look after!

As some of you know, Liz and I flew to Utah this past week for my friend Ashley's wedding. Ashley Walters and I met during our freshman year at BYU--we lived a few doors down from each other on the 4th floor of beloved U Hall in Deseret Towers. Ashley's wedding was also an occasion for a reunion, as Lisa flew up from Ecuador and Lindsay drove down from Canada.
This was us four years ago--

This is us now!


It was freshman year all over again and I loved every minute of it! Chris and Ashley's big day was beyond wonderful and I am so happy that we were able to be there. Their sealing was so beautiful. I found myself tearing up because I remember being in their positions like it was yesterday. Here are some pictures of the happy couple!






The week before the wedding was fun and crazy. We ate at Cafe Rio three times and we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Lisa and I managed to get down to Provo on Tuesday and we were able to see the Lee's, the Holden's, and the Stapley's! BFFs Liz and Emrie were able to catch up--

Also stopped by University Mall--where Lise, Bri, and I got some great shopping in!

All in all it was a beautiful week but I must say I am happy to be back home with my husband! Chris made it especially nice by having some presents waiting for us when we got back: a new dress for Liz (the one Emrie is wearing in the above picture, actually!) and some new flavors of baby food to try; new shoes for me (the hott yellow ones from payless!) as well as a new Vera Bradley to add to my collection--a traveling contact lens case in Cupcakes Green. Thanks Husby!

Our next big trip: off to Texas at the end of July to see Chris's family. We are very excited to go back to DFW!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

I love the photos of Lizzie sleeping. They are soooo adorable!

Ashley Jensen said...

LOVE it Mary, the pictures you took of us are so cute and I'm excited to see what the photographer did too! SO happy you were here Mare, miss and love ya!