Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last Days of Summer

Since our last post...

I turned 22! Woo-hoo! It's official--I'm old ;) Ice cream cakes have become the fave of mine.

My brother, Elder Jett, has passed his one-year mark as a missionary. Go Bill!

Chris is one month away from taking the LSAT. He's been studying diligently every night and I know he will do extremely well!

Liz continues to climb, to crawl, to explore everything.


I've made my first German meal--rouladen and hot German potato salad.

We've been to Jersey, of course. We got some more beach time in!


Chris got his first (and not last) taste of Duffer's in Wildwood.

We made a trip up to Gettysburg, PA--which is only an hour away from us--how cool is that?!


We've been to a luau! Cape May always knows how to have a party!





I tell you--summers are, and have always been, my favorite time of the year. There is a permanent excitement in the air! Summer means beach, BBQ, light reading, sunshine, boardwalk, fireworks, playtime--it's the best! I can say with certainty that we are sad to see it go...

5 comments:

Francesca said...

I swear all my comments are about Liz's cuteness, but what can I do? The girl is darling!

Happy belated birthday!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

mmMMMmmm I love rouladen! It looked delicious!

Brianna said...

I asked Steve for an ice cream cake this year too! Didn't actually have it this time, but maybe we'll get it just because.... :) Glad you guys are having fun! We still miss you tons though!

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

That babe of yours is getting cuter every day! I LOVE summer too, but there hasn't been much of a summer here in Erie. Also I realized we never went down to see you guys this summer, we'll get down there eventually.

Marlee said...

looks like ya'll are having fun! We miss you! Liz is getting so big!!