Thursday, September 10, 2009

Remember the days of September?

In NJ, we always begin school the Wednesday after Labor Day (so yes, it was weird at BYU when school started in AUGUST). It meant a few more days of glorious napping before hitting the books once more:

I'm a bit jealous of my siblings who went back to school yesterday. I even told them so. There's nothing in the world like the feeling of beginning a new school year--excitement, anxiousness, happiness, nervousness, etc. In grade school, I'd have my bookbag ready and my first-day-of-school outfit picked out two weeks before actually stepping into the school building. I can't wait to send Lizzie to school and I hope she looks forward to it every year like I once did. Here is Liz in front of some of my old textbooks from BYU.

Don't worry, I'll encourage her to like math, just like her Dad and her uncles. ;)

We spent Labor Day weekend in NJ of course, and thankfully the traffic wasn't too bad. We've been experimenting with a new way to get up to NJ--mainly to avoid I-495 and parts of I-95 where there's construction--and it's worked out fairly well so far. I helped Katie clean up her mess of a room and she filled up two trash bags' worth of old clothes for our stake's clothing exchange.


The beginning of this month brought cooler weather very suddenly. I now have Liz in her cute little pants (which have to be rolled up; poor girl has inherited her mom's and dad's short legs) and we're back to socks, which we haven't seen in months! I'm enjoying this cooler weather so far--it means we break out the hoodies, we go on hot chocolate runs, and we don't sweat to death during our walks around the neighborhood!
Oh Mom, you caught me!

Swing smiles

What?

I didn't do it, I promise!

Just standing around


My parents are coming down on Saturday to go to the temple, and Julia will be coming along for the ride so she will hang out with Liz and me! (Kate is working and Joe has a soccer game.) Chris is going on a scout trip this weekend--involving canoeing--awesome! Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Francesca said...

I love the first photo of Liz! haha, so cute! And I still have those same 3 Merriam-Webster reference books too.

Ashley Jensen said...

She's too adorable Mare, I miss you guys...

Adri and Russ Lee said...

what a beautiful little girl :)

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

Oh my Mary, I feel you, I really really miss going to school. I miss the first week of BYU and starting brand new classes with brand new teacher...

Emily said...

I liked the picture in front of the books... oh, the Norton Anthologies! Good luck getting her to like math and not Jane Austen... Hope you guys are doing great!