Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Adventures of a ladybug

Sorry about the length of time between this post and my last one! Sometimes I think I update it more than I actually do...
Halloween was awesome! We went to our ward trunk-or-treat on Friday night. Here we tested Lizzie's costume; she was a ladybug and she was oh so cute as always!


It's been pretty chilly, as it's already November, so we put a long sleeved red onesie and thick red tights on Liz. We had to take the tights off while we were in the gym because Liz got way too hot! Outside she was fine.

We decorated the trunk of our car--nothing fancy but it was cute. My mom found instructions to make "treat-tainers" to hold candy so I made two witches and a ghost. The containers themselves are milk cartons. You can see them in this picture:

I also made ghost lollipops, which were incredibly easy, as you place a tissue over a tootsie pop, tie with ribbon, and add two eyes and a mouth. Halloween is great! Chris took Lizzie to each car and they filled his hat with candy. Lizzie's face says it all!


After the ward party we headed up to New Jersey. We thought trick-or-treating with my family would be fun and it was, so we are glad we drove up. Before we went trick-or-treating, we went to a Japanese hibachi grill called Momiji. Kate had been raving about it for over a month and insisted that we go. We are very glad that she insisted! It was INCREDIBLE! We really enjoyed it, both the atmosphere and the food.






I had forgotten how much I love trick-or-treating in North Wildwood. We went with my parents and Julia, who was a hippie. (Kate was glitter and she went with her friends; Joe was George W. Bush and went with his friends too.) Liz loved going door to door and showing off her costume. She got a lot of candy, which Mom and Dad will just have to help her eat! ;)






My mom and dad celebrated their twenty-third anniversary on Sunday, so it was nice to be there to celebrate with them. Twenty-three years! Happy Anniversary Padre y Madre!

8 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

So cute! I LOVE her costume!
I went to that Hibachi grill too the last time we were home and I thought it was terrible! Becca got some sushi (which was incredible) but my food was so bland and left a bad taste in my mouth! My friend Jill loves that place too, so maybe I just got a bad chef that night!
Becca is no judge because she always just gets the sushi. I'll have to give it another try!

Glad you guys had such a fun Halloween!

Jen Jones said...

she's adorable! glad to hear you're doing well :)

Ashley Jensen said...

Love the costume! And there's a grill like that in SLC called Benihana that is Chris' favorite! We're actually going there on Friday for his birthday! :)

Lois said...

I love how you describe your trunk as nothing fancy and how easy everything was - WRONG! It may have been "easy" BUT you totally went the extra mile and I thought it was AWESOME! Looks like you had a fun Halloween and now I want to go to a Japanese restaurant....

emily and kevin griffin said...

such a cute little ladybug! her hair is getting so long!

Marlee said...

liz is getting sooo big! what a cute lady bug!!

Francesca said...

Love how happy and cute she looks in all the photos!

Andrea said...

what a cute ladybug you have!! she's growing so fast! i'm glad to hear you're doing so well!