Monday, December 14, 2009

Yes, it's true!

I'm pregnant! Liz is going to be a big sister! We're going to be a family of four! Any way you say it, there's a Baby Killion #2!
I know I had said we wouldn't try again for another baby until Liz turned a year old...and Lizzie's birthday was yesterday haha. Well, when we got to thinking awhile ago, we realized that if we did in fact wait until Liz's first birthday, Baby Killion #2 would be born right as Chris would potentially be starting his first week of law school. Add to that the fact that there's a good possibility we may be moving, depending on where Chris goes to law school. Me going through a move at 38-39 weeks pregnant...I haven't done it, but I'm fairly certain that it would be quite uncomfortable. SO we decided we needed to start on Baby #2 sooner than we had originally planned and here we are!
*Next paragraph: TMGI (Too Much Girl Information) for some males* I'm not sure exactly how far along I am because I've only had one period since Liz was born, and that was in June. Before you gasp, it's because I'm still breastfeeding Liz haha. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow to see Baby's progress. My guess is that I'm eight or nine weeks along. So we shall see!
Needless to say we are VERY excited! I'd love a boy because I think that would be fun. Hopefully it wouldn't be like Bill and me at that age, when I tried killing him all the time...Chris would like a boy too, of course, but he points out that a girl would be nice because we already have everything we need for a girl! haha We feel good about this baby because we want our kids to be a year and a half- two years apart and Baby Killion #2 fits right in there.
I mentioned that Liz's birthday was yesterday and yes, we had a good time! We invited the Clark's over for dinner and of course, cake and ice cream. I made Liz a funfetti cake with strawberry icing--it's my new favorite combination!


We placed Lizzie's cake slice in front of her and we expected her to go all out and get messy, but she was the exact opposite. She ate her cake neatly, one piece at a time!



Happy Birthday Lizzie! We love you :)

I totally forgot to write about Liz's twelve month check-up, which we went to this morning. Liz is doing wonderfully well, as always. Dr. Wendy is back (YES!!!) from her maternity leave so we were able to talk to her today.
To every question she asked about progress in Liz's development, I answered, "Yes, she does that!" That was reassuring. Liz eats her fruits, veggies, proteins; talks up a storm, etc.
Her stats are:
Weight: 19.65 lbs (25th percentile--her lowest weight percentile ever, but this is typical for breastfed babies)
Height: 29 in. long (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: ...I can't remember exactly. 19 in.? (But it was in the 95th percentile)
All in all, she's "beautiful and perfect" as Dr. Wendy says. I already knew this, of course ;)

12 comments:

Bond Fam said...

I can't believe she is already 1!! Congrats on the pregnancy, thats exciting!

The McEwans said...

She is so big and just absolutely adorable! Congrats on the baby and I just wanted to say that it's cool to that you are still nursing :) I still am too and I think extended nursing is great!

Rachelle said...

Congratulations! I was two months pregnant when Gwen turned one, and the girls are best friends! It's great having them so close in age. I can't wait to find out what your having! And Happy birthday, Liz!

Brianna said...

I love that Liz was so neat with her cake...for some reason I can totally see that, because she is just such a little lady, like her gorgeous mom. :) Hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Francesca said...

I knew as soon as I saw the title to your post! Congratulations!!! Your family is growing so fast. Hard to believe those BYU years are memories now.

Beautiful pictures of Lizzie, as usual!

Evan and Amber said...

Yeah for baby number two!! Congrats!

Emily said...

Congratulations! We taught a Sunday School lesson on families yesterday and I think that these babies are so lucky to have you guys as parents! Can't wait to hear more about baby #2!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You will love having two (even though one is so much fun too!)-- it is so cute to see them interact-- and having them close in age is awesome. way to go! :)

emily and kevin griffin said...

yay, let us know what happens!

Laura said...

congrats mrs. mary! I'm so happy for you :)

Kara said...

Hooray Hooray! That is so awesome Mary! I am so happy for you and Chris.

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

CONGRAD!! So exciting. Everyone is changing so quickly!