Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dedicated to the groups of funny

There are things on facebook which you can become a "fan" of. There are a ton of things, ranging from your favorite pizza (Sam's for me) and your favorite handbag designer. (If you know me, it's Vera Bradley all the way!)
My siblings have become fans of the funniest things! I saw the groups they are fans of and they crack me up! I wanted to share a few of them with you, along with my thoughts about such groups:

"When I see the words 'Why?' or 'Explain.' on my homework, I die a little inside."
I could always explain something in an English or History class. When they started adding the "explain" to math questions--in precal, AP Calculus, I died a lot inside. As if the math problem needed to be any more complicated.

"I get called or referred to by my whole name."
Such is the life when your last name is Jett. In grade school, there was a Mary Kay--that was her first name. Mary Kay was a good friend of mine. In order to differentiate between us, I became MaryJett, like it was one big word. I had one girl tell me that she always thought my whole first name was Mary Jett until eighth grade. My siblings are BillJett, KateJett, and JoeJett. It doesn't work so well for Julia though!

"If I could remember school work like I remember lyrics, I would be a genius."
How true is this?! I memorize songs very easily. My grades could have been so much better if I learned to memorize school information in this same way... I memorize lyrics easily, but I forget info sometimes; Chris is good with memorizing info yet bad with song memorization. Hmm.

"When I was your age, we had Kenan and Kel, not Drake and Josh."
This kind of dates me...but not too badly. Kel's love for orange soda and Kenan's facial expressions made many an afternoon funny in the midst of homework. I've watched Drake and Josh with my siblings, but it's just not the same.

"Yes, actually I do have a dollar--I just don't want to lend it to you."
I never really carried a lot of cash with me when I was young, but when I did, I'm certain I said I didn't have a dollar. I didn't like lending money to people...sometimes I still don't. (Yes siblings--especially when you want to waste it on candy or something.) :D

"Mom make me some food." "Get it yourself." "Never mind, I'm not hungry."
haha I wasn't one to ask my mom to get me food, but oh Bill was. Most times Mom was kind enough to get something for him, even though he has two legs and he is capable of using them. Every time I think of this, I laugh.

"I hate it when the conversation dies between you and the person you like."
Ohhh yes--just when you actually have a good conversation going between you and your crush, your heart breaks a little when there's that pause and nothing to say. Then the boy says, "Well I have to go" and you say you have to go too, because you don't want to be hanging around like an idiot.

"When I'm home alone and I hear a noise, I freeze and listen for ages."
Growing up, I had the lone bedroom on the first floor of my house. Everyone else had bedrooms upstairs; I was left all by myself, next to the living room. I hated all those noises that made me stiffen under my covers while I listened intently.

"I hate it when I look at the clock and there's only a minute left until my alarm goes off."
Early morning seminary students know this best, I think. My alarm went off at 5am on weekdays. If I awoke at 2am, that was a good feeling, because I knew I had three more hours of sleep. The worst feeling in the mornings was rolling over to see 4:52am on my clock, wishing that the alarm would've awoken me.

"I hate it when the one kid tells the teacher,'You didn't collect our homework.'"
I'm fairly certain I was that one kid in the first part of grade school. I was a bookworm and I always did my homework, so naturally I wanted the teacher to know I was a good student. I corrected my ways once I got older though. From the sixth grade on, I don't think I ever reminded a teacher about homework unless it was extremely important (like my senior year of college, when I reminded my professor that I had to give my report before I had Liz (four days later). The report was 100% of my grade...that's extremely important!).

"I can rap Lil' Wayne's verse in the song 'Down' like it's my job."
Ahhh I love the rap part of good songs. I'm still working on 'Down,' but I know most rap verses of my favorite songs. They are the best part of the song! I always hated it when the DJ omitted the rap portion on songs at BYU dances.

"I am instantly in a good mood when I walk into the classroom and I see a sub."

Who could not be in a good mood with a sub? Subs mean busy work or better yet, free time. Maybe I should be a sub so I can be the students' favorite part of their day!

I can't wait to see what the good people of facebook come up with next! :)

4 comments:

Francesca said...

Funny, but I HATE subs because it means busy work or free time! Both are a waste of time, unless I had a test to study for. Still, subs never know what they are doing, and I can't be a teacher's pet to a stranger. haha,

emily and kevin griffin said...

you're a nerd...:) i think i might've beat you out as a bigger nerd when i was younger though...kevin never ceases to tease me about it...:)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Aghhh! I'm so afraid to join those groups!
I laughed at the Kennan and Kel group because I have a vauge idea of who they are, but both those shows were after my time!
I also laughed at the whole name thing because I think I still call you "Mary Jett" when talking to my mom!
Cute post though- it made me laugh!

Mary Killion said...

haha Jess, don't worry, I get that all the time. As I approach a friend, it's always, "MARY JETT! ...I mean...Mary Killion." People at home still do it a lot!