Monday, January 18, 2010

Let's get down to business

My sister had this as her facebook status today, and the entire song (it's from Mulan) has been in my head ever since I read it. So here we go!

First item of Killion business: Chris got accepted into George Washington Law School! I jumped up and down; Liz and I yelled at the top of our lungs with joy. This is first acceptance letter of his law school applying process. I am so proud of him. He has spent hours upon hours, night after night, pouring over his LSAT study course, reading his LSAT test books, filling out applications, writing student essays--he's the man. Some of friends have asked if we will definitely go to GW, but as of right now, we're not sure. We need to hear from other schools first before we make that decision. If this is Chris's only acceptance (but I don't think it will be), then we obviously have our answer. We're going to check out some campuses within the next few weeks, in the DC and Philly area. Time will tell!

Second item of Killion business: Liz is getting on her feet and walking around! She can walk when she wants to, but often she gets very cautious and won't let go of our hands when we walk together. When we had dinner with the Willis's yesterday, she was walking like a champ! I think seeing Afton walk encouraged her a bit. (Shout-out to our Jersey friends, the Willis family, whom we LOVE!) The Clark's deserve a shout-out here too, since we see each other often and McKelle's a walking champ. Lizzie apparently needed to see two of her friends walk before she started walking herself! Our hardwood floors don't help--she's more willing to walk on carpet. Chris and I are so proud of her. Liz is great! As long as she's walking before Baby Killion #2 arrives, I'm happy. No rush for us!

Third item of Killion business: Mark your calendars--February 16. The day we find out if Baby Killion #2 is a boy or a girl! (We hope!) I'll be 21 weeks by that point, so we should have no problems. I'm leaning towards a BOY.

Fourth item of Killion business: "There's a ray of hope." ...for Wildwood Catholic, that is! There's a coalition, complete with lawyers, business representatives, financial planning, etc. to keep this school up and running. I hope, hope, hope everything works out for the students. I also hope that the diocese will listen to the Wildwood Catholic community, who in full force, stands firmly behind the school. When we go to North Wildwood in February, we are buying our very own "Save Wildwood Catholic" t-shirts and wristbands. Go Crusaders!

Here are some pictures of our whippersnapper from this week. Yes, we call Liz "The Whippersnapper" because that's what she is! Always surprising us and always being Miss Cute, no matter how much trouble she makes :)


2 comments:

Meg said...

Dave told me about Chris's acceptance to GW! Congratulations! That is sooo exciting! I'm crossing my fingers you guys will go with that one so you can stay around here a bit longer :)

Megan said...

That song is the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post title--such a classic :)

And here is the link for the t-shirt quilt pattern:
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/throws-wall-hangings/tshirt-quilt_1.html?sssdmh=dm17.382195&esrc=nwapq49_09c&email=1546232641