Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 vs. 1 in this corner!

The newest member of the Killion family is a girl, as evidenced below! (If you click to enlarge the picture, you can see it better.)

She's measuring perfectly in every way and the doctor is very pleased with her growth. June 28 is still her due date.

I think because I've been telling myself BOY for awhile, it just registered in my mind that way. This pregnancy has been very different from Lizzie so I thought this must be a boy. This just goes to show that it doesn't matter what foods you crave, it doesn't matter how much you throw up (or don't), it doesn't matter what you may tell yourself because the Lord will tell you!

We are so happy for another girl. She and Lizzie can grow up together, play with the same toys...and when they are older, they may fight over the same shirt or the same boy! Whatever the future holds, we are excited to have two little girls from heaven placed in our care. Chris will be outnumbered for the next few years but he's okay with that ;)

As for names, we're thinking about Katherine (after my sister). That way we could call her Kate. Kate Killion. How cute does that sound, honestly?! I love nicknames! We are going back and forth between Michelle (after Chris's sister) or Rachel (one of Chris's favorites) for a middle name...all of these names we talked about before we were even married, so we know we want to use one of them. We shall see!

11 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Love it!!!! Kate is such a great name!!!!

Kellyn said...

I love the name Michelle, it's my middle name:) congrats!!!! Sisters are the best!!!

Brianna said...

Hurray! I love the names, they are all really beautiful. I know you were hoping for a boy, but I'm sure you will still love playing with your little girl! :D

PiZzA said...

my vote is on Katherine Michelle, obviously. haha I think Kate will be so cute! Lizzie and Kate! Makes me think of your sis and Mr. Morinelli's daughter! lol

Megan said...

Congrats! Cute names--I like them all :)

Suzy J said...

I LOVE Katherine! Millie would LOVE if her middle name was Michelle! I get to call her Kit Kat!~ Congrats to ya'll!

Emily said...

Congratulations! What a lucky little girl to come to your family!

Stimpson Family said...

Wow! Congrats! I'm so happy for you all!

Brit and Steve said...

Congrats guys! So happy for you and your new little girl. Lizzie will be a great big sister!

emily and kevin griffin said...

yay! we are excited for the next little killion girl! kate is a cute name. congrats!

Rachelle said...

Congratulations! Having two little girls is the best! I think Rachel would be a great middle name for your new little one! :)