Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...

Ten years ago today, I was a brand new freshman at Wildwood Catholic High School. We were just a few days into the new school year.

Ten years ago today, I was sitting in third mod Spanish class with Mrs. Bolle. I believe we were working on some vocabulary.

Ten years ago today, I was flooded with disbelief when our principal came on the loudspeaker and announced what had just taken place in New York City. For the rest of the school day, the TVs were on in every classroom as we watched the atrocities unfolding just a couple of hours away from us in three different directions: north in NYC, south in DC, and west in PA.

Ten years ago today, America changed.

I love my country. I love our diversity. I love the people who protect us and who fight for our freedom. My prayers are with everyone affected and they always will be.
A full decade has passed, but I will never forget the way I felt ten years ago today.

I hope you never forget. 9.11.01

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well written, well designed, inspiring, informative and entertaining. Keep it up.