Monday, October 17, 2011

S'mores--thanks Barbie

This past week we stopped by the Family Fun Day at the Montgomery Mall. Complete success! We will certainly be returning (2nd and 4th Wed, every month). Good music, paper guitar decorating, treats from Chik-fil-a and Auntie Anne's, colorful balloons--the kids loved it.



We stopped by Redbox quite a few times last week. The girls enjoyed some movies (Spooky Buddies, Cat in the hat Trick or Treat, etc.) and I enjoyed some movies (The Conspirator, Thor, etc.), all by my lonesome while Chris was at school! One movie I got for the girls was Barbie Princess Charm School. The girls liked the extras more than the actual movie, I think. One clip was called "A-camping we will go!" where Barbie and her sisters go camping for a night. They made s'mores and Lizzie asked if we could make some later. She and Cate were so fascinated by the whole process. And naturally, they were a big hit!


Shelley hosted a Craft Day at her house later in the week. I was pleasantly surprised and very thankful that I finished the craft...Cate usually has a difficult time leaving my side! These Halloween jars are too cute! (Check Woman's Day Magazine for directions on how to make it.) I've decided to use the mantel in the living room during the holidays to house decorations--the girls can't reach it ;)

Upclose view

Lizzie has helped me with a ghost jar and a frankenstein jar--I'll get pictures of those when they are finished.

On Saturday, the Heit's watched Lizzie and Cate while Chris and I went to the temple. Later that night, we had Reed and Blake at our place so Lois and Jeff could go to the temple. The kids were too cute! (Cate fell asleep early, hence her absence in the pictures.)
Megamind was the movie of choice for the night!

Blake LOVED the Buzz mobile!


Sunday mornings aren't complete without scrambled eggs and banana pancakes :)

2 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Those jars are really cute! Also, I think I say this every time, but I really can't believe how big the girls are!! You're a trooper while Chris is gone so much. Hopefully when Russ is in grad school, I can be half as good as you are

Francesca said...

Love the jars!