Monday, October 24, 2011

Someone becomes 3-0

Happy Birthday to Chris! He is thirty years old as of yesterday. (So funny--I called him "my old man" when we were dating but I barely use the phrase anymore, even though it is more appropriate now than it was then!) Have you had the Jr. Primary sing "Happy Birthday" to you recently? ;) Because Chris got that privilege! For his birthday dinner, I made rouladen and German potato salad--everything tasted awesome and I'm not just saying that because I made it! I say that because Germans are smart: they throw bacon in everything and bacon makes everything awesome!

We had the Heit's and Turman's over later that night for some cake and ice cream. Chris requested a sour cream cake for his birthday cake. It's his mom's recipe, and let me tell you what--it's fabulous! I'm glad he asked for that one :)


The girls wanted to help their Daddy blow out the candles.



Here are the kids at their table!


The Turman's gave Chris a glow-in-the-dark sports set: football, soccer, basketball. They're a big hit of course!


The Heit's gave Chris Mike and Ikes (his favorite) and baby food--because that's what you eat when you get old! hahaha And hey, banana is actually pretty good!


Guess who ran off with the Mike and Ikes--she was caught red-handed! And clearly, she has no remorse!


We girls got our Dad a nose, hair, and eyebrow trimmer, two shirts, a pair of pants, and a new pair of Uggs.


We spent the weekend in Williamsburg, VA visiting family. It went by so fast but we had so much fun! We hope to go back soon to visit the Nielson family. While we were there, we visited also Jamestown (remember Pocahontas and John Smith?) and Yorktown (where the Revolutionary War ended, aka where the British surrendered and we won). These three towns are known as the Historic Triangle (Williamsburg is included because it was the capital of colonial Virginia). There is a ton of history in this area and we absolutely loved it!

Jamestown, located beside the James River, is a really cool place. The girls loved exploring!

The girls love cannons!



The best souvenir ever!


Yorktown is next to the York River and we did the audio tour of the battlefield. The girls slept through most of this, but they woke up towards the end of the tour.
Note: Look closely at Cate in this picture.

Lizzie's reaction to driving through a flooded road!





From earlier this week:
Look who can climb onto the dining room table now!

You caught me, Mom!

Library time

Guess who is inside?

Playing at the park

3 comments:

Evan said...

I want to live on the east coast you guys get to visit such cool places! I have an old many too...he turns 30 in a couple months!! I'll never be THAT old;)

Evan said...

oops I was signed in as my husband...that's me above Amber!

Ashley Jensen said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Happy Birthday Chris! How are things with you guys lately? I'm thinking I should call you sometime soon :)