Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekend Fun

I emphasize weekend because, for the second time this month, the stomach flu has hit the Killion House. Yesterday was Cate, this morning was Chris, and Lizzie just threw up. Tomorrow...well, I have a feeling I will be tomorrow's victim.

On Friday we had Reed and Blake over our house.
I love this picture of Blake! I realize he's on a pink blanket...ours is a house of girls after all! ;)

The older ones requested a silly picture!

But the young ones were serious, of course.


Later that night we joined forces with the Heit's again. This time we drove down to the National Harbor for their Christmas tree lighting and fireworks. SO MUCH FUN!

I had never heard of this place before (thank you Lois for discovering it!) but I know we will go back. It looks like it would be an awesome place to visit in the summer. The best store, besides Charming Charlie's for us ladies, was The Peep Store. We were in heaven!

I didn't know the company that makes Peeps also makes Hot Tamales and Mike 'N' Ikes. There was a lot to see and to taste!



On Saturday night we had our ward Christmas party, Polar Express-themed. The kids came in pajamas and everything was decorated so beautifully.
Lizzie and Cate were not afraid of Santa but as soon as Cate got her candy cane, she was ready to go (as evidenced in the picture).

There was a kid-sized train to ride, so naturally Cate stayed here nearly the entire evening!


All the children received a gingerbread house and Lizzie had a lot of fun decorating (aka eating) it.



Here is Lizzie with her card from Granny and Opa, and the gift she purchased with her $5. She felt very grown up carrying her money in her Dora wallet!



This is for Uncle John: Lizzie's newest favorite place to read books! haha

6 comments:

Brianna said...

Whoa! I wondered when I saw the new family picture up top if you found a peeps store. That's so cool! Another place to put on the list for whenever we finally come visit you guys ;)

Custom Logo Design said...

well i rarely leaves comment on any site but your blog is really so amazing that i can't stop myself from making comment on it...

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Sorry about the flu!
I'm obsessed with Cate's hair- gorgeous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meg said...

Oh my gosh, Cate's hair is so stinkin' cute in those pictures of her on the couch! I can't believe how long and thick it is. We miss you guys already! Can't wait to get back in April and hang out again :) Hope you guys had a good holiday break!

Francesca said...

What a great ward Christmas party idea! Miss you guys!