Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finally!

Chris has been on the laptop quite a bit these last few days, in preparation for his final exams. I'm fine with that because I want him to do his best. But I DO miss being able to go to the computer at any time (hehe)! I realized that I better get a move-on and write an update of our week while he is on his way home from exam #1 (Property Law).

Well. Our week was...interesting. We got hit with the stomach flu. Then Lizzie developed the beginnings of strep throat, so she's been on antibiotics for the past four days. Cate began today with a stuffy nose and emitted a few coughs throughout the afternoon so I can only imagine how much worse she'll sound in the morning. Tis the season of sickness! (I wish I were kidding.) Despite our sick selves, we've had a good time decorating the house for Christmas!

Lizzie helped me decorate the tree.

She loved unwrapping the ornaments and hanging them on the branches.

Cate wasn't really interested in helping us until she discovered these little football snowmen (Eagles and Broncos, respectively).

We put all the kid-friendly ornaments towards the bottom of the tree. And yes, they are taken down at least once a day.

Christmas decorations took the place of the autumn ones.

The girls love Baby Jesus!


Granny and Opa sent us a package with Christmas ornaments and color-yourself Grinch plates. Lizzie loved coloring it!




A current favorite: HOOK 'EM HORNS! Lizzie does this all the time!


It wouldn't be a winter week without our trip to the library. I love watching the kids pour over books!



I left my hair dryer/diffuser in NJ and I've been a bit lost without it. I decided to try something new that I saw on pinterest: bantu knots.
Twist wet hair and allow to dry. (We slept in ours.)

Untwist and enjoy!

Lizzie's hair doesn't hold curls very well at all, but these bantu knot curls stayed curly all day. I will for sure do it for Lizzie again!

For me though...not ever again.
I think my issue is my thin hair. I've always had thin hair compared to my sisters, but it's even more thin after two pregnancies. I also made more bantu knots on my hair than on Lizzie's--another mistake. The more knots you make, the tighter the curl.
I had to put a bandana on my hair to flaten it out a bit.

I could not bring myself to take a picture of my hair without a bandana on it. It was honestly that bad.

We made some snowflakes this week too. Lizzie loves all sorts of crafts!



When you have girls, you dress up!

Mom is the horse. "Move faster, Mom!"

No matter how sick they were, these girls couldn't resist a good jump on the bed!


Have a great week :)

4 comments:

Tay said...

Mary - you should have taken a picture without the bandana! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC!!! I had a good laugh about what it must have looked like - mostly because I totally understand hilarious hair mistakes.

Mary Killion said...

Tay, I could not bring myself to take a picture of my hair without the bandana. I COULD NOT! It would've haunted me for the rest of my life! I'm not kidding at all!! :)

Alexandra said...

Taylor literally jumped up and down when he saw the "Hook 'em horns" picture. He's a very proud uncle. haha

Lois said...

Well - I for one thought you looked cute with the bandanna on! :) Hope everyone is all better soon!!