Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm legal!

Yes, I turned 21 yesterday. It didn't feel like my birthday, and I don't feel any older. But it was a great day nonetheless. When I turned 20, I FELT, physically felt, twenty years old, in every sense of the number. I met Amber, Corrine, and Kristi for lunch and they surprised me with ice cream and cookies! Later, as we were leaving the apartment to go on our nightly walk, I turned to Chris and said, "Let's go to a bar and get some Shirley Temples!" But, unfortunately, we're in Provo, Utah, not North Wildwood, New Jersey. haha Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unfortunate that there are virtually no bars here in Provo; it's only unfortunate that there are no bars in Provo because bars tend to have great food (Owen's, Anglesea Pub, Westy's, Kelly's--to name a few from home) and QUIZZO! Man, I miss Quizzo...and calling Dad for the answers that we didn't know! haha (For those of you unrelated to this East-coast game, it's essentially a trivia contest.) This picture is the birthday dinner at Tucano's.
Anyways, Chris bought some strawberry-swirl cheesecake for the occasion (he knows me; I'm not the biggest fan of cake) and I received my much-wanted thesaurus! It looks good on the shelf...which happens to be buckling under the weight of all those reference books; I'll have to rearrange them. Chris always gets me the best cards and he always writes something so sweet and guaranteed to make me teary-eyed. He is the greatest! :)
I'm very excited for our trip to Arizona this weekend. We leave for the desert tomorrow! Russ and Adri are getting married and we couldn't be more happy for them! The men are groomsmen, so naturally we waited until yesterday to get Chris's black dress pants stitched up...haha. The Holden's, Stapley's, and Killion's shall be making the drive down to Mesa/Gilbert, and we'll even stop by the Grand Canyon on the way home. Chris has already been there, but he's excited to see it again. I've never seen it, so I'm share Brianna's anticipation. :)
My family is slated to arrive on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and they will be here for the week! Ahhh I am so happy that I will be able to see them so soon after seeing them in April. Monday is BYU day--we're taking the kids all over campus to show them BYU's awesomeness and later that night we will be in American Fork visiting the Moody family. If you're around campus and/or Provo, give me a call because you know my family would love to see you! Tuesday is Salt Lake day where we'll do all the tours and the sights and we adults will do a session at the temple. Wednesday is Drop-off-Bill-at-the-MTC-day...I already know I am going to cry but it will be a good cry. My little but bigger brother, going on a mission... When you're young, missions and marriages seem so far beyond your limited scope of vision and imagination. But then the day arrives when these things take place and your mind is blown away. I'm not sure what we're doing Thursday and Friday, but it will be good.
Be prepared for many pictures of the Lee wedding and the upcoming week with my family! <3

2 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Im glad you had a good birthday! That cheesecake looks really yummy (cheesecake is my ultimate weakness).

Tay said...

those missions go by fast and slow at the same time. Agony! My brother has only been gone a year and I miss him tons. You and your pregnant self are so cute. I'm jealous. And you just turned 21? For some reason I thought you were older... sigh. I'm only 22, but for some reason that just feels so old right now.