Friday, August 22, 2008

One of the best weeks: a Wedding and a Missionary

Our weekend in Mesa was fabulous. This was the first time that we Killion's have been to a sealing since we've been married, and I can surely say the experience was out-of-this-world wonderful. The Lee's sealer was a sweet, sensitive, profoundly spiritual man and his words of wisdom, encouragement, and advice were simple yet perfect. Adri and Russ looked so happy; their obvious and overflowing happiness for their day and for each other repeatedly brought me back to my own wedding day and the feelings I had.
Russell Ammon and Adrianne Loren Lee, exiting the Mesa Arizona Temple.
The groomsmen with the groom and their collective R Hall mom, CJ.
All of us together! Holden's, Killion's, Stapley's, Lee's, Carter's.
While in AZ, we enjoyed the greatness of In-N-Out,
the amazing fare at El Torito, a Holden family favorite,
and the spectacular views of the Grand Canyon from the North Rim.

We came back to Utah and greeted my family! They drove 30+ hours from our beloved home in New Jersey and we had the greatest week here. Seeing my family always brightens my spirits, no matter how high they were before! Monday, as I had mentioned in an earlier blog, was spent on campus, and in Provo/Orem. Well...let's let the pictures tell the story:
Bill picked up his missionary set of scriptures.
Julia modeled for us in Deseret Book.
The boys got missionary haircuts.
The kids camped out at our apartment.
We met up with some of my mom's side of the family.
Grandmother, Mother, Granddaughter, Great-granddaughter in the belly
Salt Lake Temple night
Mother and daughters Jett
In front of the MTC...
With the Wildwood Leader!
We're in the building! (Mom=creeper face here)
Elder Jett with his nametag!!
Elder Jett with his older but shorter (even in heels) sister
Outside Chris's beloved Tanner Building haha
Joe enjoying Scoreboard at the Cougareat
The girls enjoying the fountain at the JFSB--it was hot outside!
Bridal Veil Falls
Climbing the Y!! (Don't worry--I only gave my family my camera. Didn't hike it!)
My parents and me.
My siblings, minus Elder Jett.
All in all, these two events were awesome and we loved it all.

8 comments:

PiZzA said...

i love that as soon as i saw on Facebook that you had a new blog, i couldn't get here fast enough. it looks like the fam had an awesome time here!

Bond Fam said...

Im glad that you had a good time with your family! We were so glad to be able to see you guys! Thanks for letting us, come to the temple, it was so nice!

Corie said...

We were at the MTC dropping off my bro-in-law at 12:30! Sorry we missed you- It's such a cool experience- and Bill will make such an awesome missionary! I'm glad I found your Blog- so I can keep posted on everything- tell the Jetts I said HI :)

Heather said...

Too much fun! You still don't look very pregnant, no fair!

MH5 said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see you on here! You don't even look pregnant! You look beautiful!

Aaron said...

just randomly ran into your family at Nauvoo. Talk about funny. I saw your dad's wildwood, nj t-shirt first and then realized it was him when he said my name. Haha. What a great time it looks like you and your family had. Such a blessing to have a missionary in the family. ;)

emily and kevin griffin said...

so cute! i'm glad you had fun at the wedding and with your family! call us soon.

LittleLovables said...

Awe, everyone looks so happy! That is the great thing about temples :)