Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in Happy Valley

Greetings from Provo, Utah! I am writing to you straight from the beautiful BYU campus this morning.
Chris and I arrived safely on July 30th, a tad later than we expected (one of the car carrier's tires blew outside of Green River, UT--in the middle of nowhere, of course, but help arrived and we made it). Some of our great and helpful friends came to the place to give us a hand, for which we are thankful. The apartment is pretty much set up and cleaned up...except for what is to be the baby's room...but we won't go there. Other than that, it's good! ;)
Chris started his new job at Novarad on Friday; he is a tax analyst for the corporation. He carpools with his good friend (and his best man at our wedding) Mike Beheshti to American Fork every day; one week, they take our car and the next, they take his car. I visited Chris on Friday and he has his own cubicle, which I think is pretty awesome. The company threw a BBQ later that afternoon where I was able to meet more of Chris's co-workers. We miss Lockheed Martin, but Novarad looks good so far!
Let's see...we've hung out with our good friends: the Holden's ,the Stapley's, and the Lee's (soon-to-be= they'll be married on Aug. 16th in the Mesa Temple), a few times since we've been back.(These pictures are from mini-golfing the other night at Cascade in Orem.) It is so good to see them again. Our common denominators are the boys, who were all Resident Assistants for R Hall in Deseret Towers when they snagged us girls, who were all RAs too (except for Britney). We girls have grown a lot closer over the months, and I hope we as a group can continue to see each other often, especially when fall semester begins. When the boys get together, the laughter never stops!
My family will be out here VERY soon--to drop Bill off at the MTC; he goes in August 20th. Barranquilla Colombia...wow. I am so excited to see my family! There is a lot planned for the few days they are here and we're going to have a great time :D (Even though we will be sad that we won't be seeing Bill for two years, we know he is doing the best thing.)
Waking up every morning to the mountains is incredible. I had forgotten how stunning they were until we arrived in the valley. The time change isn't too bad--it's the transition from Jersey to Utah that kills me haha. I'm working on figuring out how to do my hair again in this climate, and how to remind myself constantly that my elbows, knees, and heels need lotion out here.

3 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Welcome back! We will have to have you guys over sometime, that way I can actually meet you in person!

Dustin and Cassie said...

Mary this is Dustin and I was wondering if you have anyone from home (Cape May Branch) blog adress or e-mails? Glad you Guys are safe and be sure to tell Killion I said hey!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Missing you guys!! You mean your common denominator was you're all fans of the Carters!! :)