Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost there...

We'll be leaving for Utah on July 29th. My heart keeps assuring me that there's plenty of time to do things...but then my mind makes me look at the calendar and I realize, "Oh. That's in like, a week and a half." We are going with Penske, because basically they are the best. We were going to have a moving company come in because we weren't sure where we would be living, but now that we have a place (see blog below), Penske it is. Gotta love those big yellow trucks!

I've been thinking about things we will miss here in Texas when we leave...(I'm sure I'll add to this list a few times after this initial post):
*having Chris's family so close. Man, we've had some GOOD laughs, good times with the Killion house. I will miss our Sundays with them.
*the little black dog who pokes its head through the blinds of his first story apartment, as we walk up the stairs to our apartment. Happens every time without fail!
*the HORRIBLE traffic on 820, that gets blocked up at Rufe Snow EVERY TIME WE ARE ON 820; it doesn't matter what time of day it is--that road will be backed up.
*BBQ. Honest-to-goodness, real, true Texas BBQ. Riscky's, Dickey's, Colter's, Pizza Patrole, Up-N-Smoke...
*having the mall and other great stores so close. (Yes, Utah shopping is also relatively close to where we will live, and this I understand. However, I will never, ever forget driving 40 minutes up the parkway to get to the Hamilton Mall back home. I just won't!)
*Texas high school football. These people take their football seriously--it's refreshing (and sometimes annoying) to be in the thick of it.
*Dallas Texas Temple. Beautiful temple. Always saw someone we knew when we went!
*Park Glen 1st Ward and everyone in it. Especially the Scouts!
*walking to QuikTrip at 11pm on a Saturday night for some caf-free Coke with cherry flavoring.
*Our apartment! We will miss our first apartment as a married couple. It has had its share of problems (aka garbage disposal, AC leakage) but it has been a great starter place for us.
*driving Chris out to White Settlement for work. (I don't drive him out every day, only when I need the car.) I will miss the big, brick, windowless building that is Lockheed Martin.
*uh, FLEX TIME. Lockheed is great about this. If Chris had to leave work early or be somewhere else, he could do it. No questions asked. He simply had to make up the time later in the week. There was also no set time to start his day. He could go in at 4 am if he really wanted to, or 11 am for that matter--he just had to work nine hours that day. Oh Flex Time, I will miss thee.
*Chris having every other Friday off, which allowed us to get to the temple 2x a month. Thanks again, Lockheed!
*DOWNTOWN FORT WORTH. Man, we love it! It's bright and clean and full of good times.
*Saturday morning movies downtown at the AMC Palace 9. $4 before noon! That's how we've seen movies when they actually come out haha.

Well, that's all I can think of right now...but like I said, there will be more added!

No comments: