Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nothing really...

On the 4th, we registered at Target and Babies R'Us for Baby Killion! Very fun. We had a blast! Chris and I agreed that wedding registering was more overwhelming for us (in part because we did it on the next weekend after I got my tonsils out, and when Chris had five major reports to finish). Add to that the fact that each of us had never lived in an off-campus apartment while we were at school! You didn't need pots and pans and the like when you were at DT (although you could have them if you wanted to have them). Anyways, at Babies 'Us, we went with a frog theme--too cute! It will be very cheery in the midst of what is sure to be a FRIGID winter in Utah. At Target we loved the Classic Pooh collections and the Jungle play-stuff. All in all, it was a great day! I must say, one thing we thing we kept talking about was the reality that there are SO many things available for babies nowadays that our parents never even dreamed about. Can you imagine when our kids will get married and have kids of their own? What will be around then?
Chris also did a lot of packing this weekend (no, we didn't get up to AR). He's amazing. He pretty much cleared out and packed up all of the knick-knacks, china, and winter clothes we had around the apartment. I felt kinda useless because I can't do any heavy lifting or anything, so I threw myself into my school assignments. He also packed nine boxes of books. Yep, nine! Ahhh gotta love it. I am now forced to concentrate solely on my History 202 textbooks...I admit I have a habit of going to the shelf and picking up random novels and polishing them off in an extended afternoon. Chris teases me about it often, but now he doesn't because all the books are gone! Haha.
Well, I've been released as a Relief Society instructor here in our ward, and both Chris and I have been released as Webleos leaders. This means Chris will be released as an Elder Quorum instructor soon...we're sad that we're leaving this ward because we love it very much. Our releases hit us like a sack of bricks which shouted, "Hey--you guys are leaving pretty soon!" Although it's always been in our minds, it's really starting to sink in. We'll be in Utah in a month! Crazy. Time to start conditioning myself to slather lotion on my arms, legs, and elbows every five minutes...and to prevent my heels from cracking.
Personal favorites: Pink Grapefruit, Mango Mandarin, Midnight Pomegranate, and Exotic Coconut from Bath and Body Works...I love fruits!

No comments: