Friday, February 27, 2009

LIFE IS GOOD

I'll be writing another post this weekend because we have a Murder Mystery dinner tonight :) But I couldn't help but write about this discovery...
Chris, Liz, and I drove down University Parkway to Ross last night. We were primarily looking for some work pants for Chris. We happened to find a good pair of dark green khaki, which will also serve as good scout pants (if Chris happens to be involved with the scouting program when we get to Maryland). We also found a cute summer outfit for Liz and an ADORABLE something for Channing Griffin--I must say, I just love looking at the little boy clothes and I just want to buy everything for him and he's not even my kid ;)
There was nothing going on at Old Navy, so we venture over to TJ Maxx. Chris found a FANTASTIC pair of Perry Ellis dress pants, gray in color, he heads to the dressing room to try them on. I'm looking around with Liz, I find some AE jeans and I want to try them on. Chris is done, the pants are a YES, I try the jeans on and they are a NO. (Way too baggy in the back...which is nearly always my problem with jeans haha.) So we're heading away from the dressing room when we pass the belts on their collective rack. I just glance at them and I happened to spot a glimmer of something I love--VERA BRADLEY.
No way, I thought. TJ Maxx has Vera Bradley? I go over to investigate further, and sure enough, it's a Vera Bradley belt; in fact, there are a few different styles. And they're on sale for $7. I picked it up and put it on the stroller. Then I thought, what if they have Vera purses? We go over to the purse section (all right, we'll be honest, I ran over there) and what do you know--purses, cosmetic bags, mini wallets, drawstring backpacks, etc. I was in Vera Bradley heaven. And since I have a wonderful husband, he was kind enough to buy me a glasses case in Raspberry Fizz, a drawstring backpack in Capri Melon, and the belt I had spotted first, in Petal Pink.

I was completely estatic and I have decided TJ Maxx is now THE store and we we will stopping by OFTEN to see what other Vera Bradleys they may receive.
My love for Vera Bradley began during my senior year of high school. Many girls had them but I never thought to ask them where they got them. When we ladies took a trip to AC during the springtime before we graduated, we of course stopped by the Quarter at the Tropicana. It was there, at a luggage and accessories store where I spotted some Vera Bradleys, and I bought my first Vera Bradley: a Chelsea Green Wallet.

Since then, I have bought or received Vera Bradleys as gifts, and boy do I love them.

When I discover that a store has them, I stop by that store often to admire them. For instance, the Deseret Book in the University Mall carries Vera and I've been eying a beautiful bag with the Hope Garden design...(*cough cough* graduation present? *cough cough*). Ahhh my love for Vera will never die...


We couldn't leave TJ Maxx without getting something for Liz, so we bought her an Infantino Whale Baby Belly mat and she loves it. It's designed to help strengthen neck muscles, and it's too cute.


3 comments:

Brianna said...

Those are so great! And I love the belly mat, too cute! :) Can't wait to see you guys tonight!

emily and kevin griffin said...

so cute! that's nice of you to think of Channing when you go shopping...:). Liz is so cute!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Those are really cute! I need a new wallet...hm...

I really like that on the floor with all of Liz's toys is a basketball. Starting her young? :)