Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pregnancy Tag

I'm not writing a blog about the move to Maryland until we have allllll the details covered. That'll save us time and energy. I found this on Kate's blog and I thought it would be fun...Lizzie is relaxing in her swing, so I have a few minutes!

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? Our apartment in Fort Worth, TX
2-Who was with you? Chris was in the bedroom while I was in the bathroom
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? Peed-on-a-stick test haha
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? ...I was dismayed, to tell you the truth. I thought, "I still have a year of school left!? What the heck am I gonna do?" That lasted for about two seconds. Then I was all right.
5- Your Husband's reaction? He was very happy to hear the news!
6- Who was the first person you told? Pretty sure we called our parents, then everyone we could call, we called.
7-Did you plan to get pregnant? No. I had been off of birth control for about three months, and we had decided that whatever happens will happen--the Lord knows best.
8-Was everybody happy for you? Of course!
9- Did you go out and celebrate? Yes! ...Chris will remember where we went haha
10- Did you want to find out the sex? YES. Duh!
11- What was the sex? Female!
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? I had a shower here in UT and plenty of people in NJ gave my mom gifts for Liz, which she brought over when she flew out for the birth.
13- If yes, who? Brianna Stapley :)
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? Nope. Everything was beautiful!
15- How much weight did you gain? Bah, close to 45, I think. But I never looked at the scale when I had my appointments because I never wanted to be depressed haha!
16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained? I think I've got less than ten pounds to go. Once it gets nice outside, Liz and I will take lots of walks!
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? Just around my belly button. That's it!
18- What did you crave the most? Pretzels and Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza.
19- Did you crave anything crazy? Nah. Nothing disgusting or anything like that.
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Not being able to sleep on my belly; not being able to bend down properly; not being able to eat KETCHUP! Travesty!
21- Were you married at the time? -What kind of question is this? OF COURSE I WAS.
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? -During pregnancy? No.
23- Where were you when you went into labor? Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
24- Did your water break? Yep. I woke up around 5:45 am because I felt really weird. I stood up out of bed and WHOOSH--the floodgates opened!
26- Did you go early or late? I was due on December 12th and Elizabeth arrived on the 13th.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Chris, my mom, nurses, doctors
28- Was it video taped? HECK NO.
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Epidural
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section? C-SECTION, BABY! I despise it when people ask me if her birth was "natural." She is alive, isn't she? A C-section is just another way to bring a baby into the world. *Note: The cord was wrapped around her neck so I had to have a C-section.
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Exaustedly, deliriously happy.
32- How big was the baby? 7 lbs, 13 oz; 20.5 inches long.
33- Did your Husband cry? No.
34- What did you name the baby? Elizabeth Cheronne Killion.
35-Did the name have any significance to you? We love the name Elizabeth, and Cheronne is my grandmother's first name--had to keep it going in the family!
36-Does the baby's name fit? Oh but it does. This girl is a Lizzie through and through!
37- Did the baby have any complications? No, she had 8/9 on the apgar test. Her only complications came during labor--the cord was wrapped around her neck and she wasn't descending because of that. Her heart rate dropped when I contracted, too, thanks to the cord around her neck. But she is perfectly healthy today!
38- How old is your baby? w0w. She'll be two months old on the 13th!
39- When is the next one coming? NOT UNTIL LIZZIE IS AT LEAST A YEAR OLD. And I mean it! haha
40- If you could would you do it all over again? Yeah. At least three more times. ;)

No comments: