Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dad is in MD!

Lizzie and I dropped off Chris at the SLC airport this morning for his non-stop to Dulles. Tomorrow is his first day of work for Lockheed Martin in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He made it safely with his luggage, thankfully (he flew Northwest; Northwest lost one of my mom's suitcases when she left after Liz was born). He's been provided with a rental car, apartment, and money for food while he's there. We're happy that Dad is out there safely and we miss him so much already! We recorded a few videos of Chris talking to the camera, and I'll play them every morning, afternoon, and night for Liz.
When I dropped him off this morning, I got teary-eyed but then I realized this month will really fly by. My mom arrives on Wednesday--Utah, get ready, you never know what to do with yourself when Juanita arrives--the rest of my family arrives two weeks later for graduation; my classes, exams, papers, and schoolwork will no doubt keep me busy until finals and graduation day. I'm ready to be finished for good!
We were able to get together with the gang before Chris left; one last Beto's run for the boys and a get-together at the Holden's. (We really missed Bri, as she's been in TX visiting her brother.) We're going to try our very best to get together one more time before Steve H., Bri, and I graduate next month. Chris and I realized that it will probably be the last time we all see each other for a while...sad to think about really. I can't tell you the next time we'll be out West. When Bill graduates from BYU? I don't know. We want to make a trip to Texas at the end of the summer but Texas doesn't qualify as "West," so I'm told. We shall see!
I got my graduation announcements and I'll be sending them out soon. Well, I have to wait for the new ones; the ones that were sent to me last week neglect to announce my Spanish minor. I didn't think anything of it but then Steve H. passed out his announcements and his double minors were listed. I called the company and they'll be sending out the corrected ones ASAP. Like I told Chris, we didn't pay $56 for them to NOT put on my Spanish minor. Sheesh!

Oh, I want to tell you a story.
So I made a big mistake two weeks ago. You know facebook has all those ads on the right side of their applications. Well, one of them caught my eye: "FREE UGG BOOTS!" If you know me, you know I can't survive Utah winters without my uggs, so naturally I was intrigued. In the back of my head, my common sense was telling me that it was too good to be true, but my mind was thinking about the prize at the end of the tunnel: UGGS.
I clicked on the application. That was the big mistake.
I read all the fine print which I normally don't read. Essentially, it said, if you fill out these surveys, we'll send you your choice of uggs. All right, I thought, I can do this.
Most of the surveys were for smokers; obviously that doesn't apply to me, but there was an option to skip over those particular ones. Great, I thought.
I get to the end of all these surveys and then comes the kicker: I have to subscribe to at least three of these magazines and then I will get my free uggs. What a waste.
I click out of it and I believed I was done with that.
Not so fast, Mary--I have been BOMBARDED with a ridiculous amount of junk mail. Junk mail has never plagued me before. Now it plagues me on a daily basis.
Moral of story= don't click on those ads! Save your inbox from the plague of junk mail!
Pictures to come soon :)

3 comments:

PiZzA said...

i'm definitely sorry that Chris is gone, but i am DEFINITELY excited that juanita is on her way!!!!!! i cannot wait to see you guys at lua'u!!!!! :D

Kara said...

Mary! I know how you feel! Isaac has been in California for months working! I can't wait until graduation so I can move. Hang in there.

Bond Fam said...

Dont feel bad I have done the same thing with those dumb ad things, and I too learned my lesson the hard way!
Also if you need some company while your husband is away, let me know, I am husband-less quite often also, so let me know!