Monday, March 16, 2009

Happenings with the Killion's

Well. What's been going on with us?
This weekend was BUSY. We had a ton to do. I had a Biology exam to take...eh. That's all I'll say about that. I studied more for this one than my first one, but I didn't do as well as I thought I did. Oh well, life moves on. ;)
Chris, Liz, and I went to the Draper Temple Open House with a guest who came down to Provo for the weekend...drum roll please: Joe Walker!


He drove down from Logan, since everyone up there is on their spring breaks. He happened to be in Provo when I had finished class, so we invited him to join us to visit the temple. In a word: beautiful. The Draper Temple is gorgeous (what temple isn't?). The colors used inside the temple reflect the surrounding landscape of the mountains. Absolutely beautiful.
For Biology class, we have to take the BYU Tree Tour. Apparently BYU has one of the biggest collections of different types of trees in the nation or something, so Chris and I put Liz in the stroller and went to work. Liz Vanderwerken joined us and we enjoyed the GORGEOUS Saturday afternoon examining the trees! Lizzie had a great time; she talked to us constantly and loved the fresh air!



Oh yes, Saturday morning was Russ and Eric's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, I just typed Chuck E. Cheese. These guys turned 27, respectively haha. The boys went to town at the arcade while we women had fun watching them be kids!
Lizzie loves her Aunt Bri :)

Chris with the Carter Family!

Good times all around!




Tonight we went to Jess Naval's Open House--she reports to the MTC on Wednesday and will be serving in the Argentina Resistencia Mission. It was fantastic to be with the Jersey crowd; we always have a great time when we get together. We wish her all the best and we know she will be a fabulous missionary! (I forgot to take pictures, even though I brought my camera; lo siento!)

The Jensen's in Illinois sent us the CUTEST things for Liz this week. It's a little jumper with the words "Little Lady" on it, with a matching headband and a blankets decorated with ladybugs--LOVES it! Liz wore everything on Friday and she got a ton of compliments from my classmates :)

5 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Ahh she is so adorable! And yeah we should totally get together before you guys leave. When are you leaving?

Megan said...

Love the little lady--so cute. I'm glad you guys got to go to the Draper Temple Open House before it was over--it is so beautiful! We should get together before you guys leave!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mare! That is just way too funny that Joe showed up and you were all able to go to the Temple...quite awesome. Life seems very good and very busy for you. you are such a great mom! Liz is quite lovely too!

PiZzA said...

LOVE her 'little lady' outfit!!! hahaha that's adorable!!!!

Nikki P said...

Thanks for the info! We could be stationed at 1 of 2 different AF Bases in Texas. The one is about 2 hours north of DFW. It's Sheppard AFB, and it's near Whichita Falls. The other is Laughlin AFB down by Del Rio, which is close to the Mexican Border. I'm excited no matter where we go, but I'm hoping for Florida, Georgia, or Texas if I could pick.