Monday, March 22, 2010

Some scattered thoughts

You may or may not have noticed our heading, which now reads: "Step into the lives of Chris, Mary, Elizabeth, and Catherine." Yep, that's now Catherine with a C.
After some pondering I decided I like Catherine for our newest little lady for a few reasons. First, I want our Cate to be distinguished from her Aunt Kate, my sister. Then I realized making her name Catherine would give her the same initials as Chris: CMK. Pretty cool! More thinking--ELizabeth and Catherine were English queens. How sweet is that? I have always prefered Katherine to Catherine, mostly because my sister is a Katherine. But the more and more I thought about it, Catherine grew on me. I pled the case with Chris, who liked it immediately. So, there you have it: Miss Catherine Michelle Killion. Love it!
My family came down to the temple for the youth temple session on Saturday morning. Liz and I drove over to hang out with Aunt Julia at the visitor center and we strolled the temple grounds too. Gorgeous day! Here's a picture(Sis. Brandt's camera--ours is being repaired!) I took of the youth and the adults, including my two sisters, my brother, and my dad--look who he is holding!

Good news: Wildwood Catholic wil remain open indefinitely! We are overjoyed! Kate and Joe will be WCHS Crusaders next year :) Chris pointed out that Julia will be the only Jett at Margaret Mace...such a crazy thought. Sometimes I still feel like an 8th grader...
Elder Jett is doing wonderfully in Colombia--he had two baptisms this past week. Once the brother sends some more pictures, we'll put them up. Hard to believe he will be back in the United States in August!
Still no DEFINITE law school answer for you. We have our pros and cons for each school. But rest assured, you will know when we make our final decision. :)

6 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

What a great picture- I love it! My family gave me a hard time for not coming to see them! I love "Cate"- very cute!
Can't wait to hear about your final decision for law schools!

Lois said...

Catherine with a C?!?!?! Anne of Green Gables would be so ashamed! J/k!!! :D We'll have to send you the pictures from Friday night - I just need to get them off the camera... :)

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

I like the name Catherine with a C. Btw, Brigg and I might be going down to d.c. end of April, and of course we want to see you guys!

Brianna said...

That is so awesome that it's the same initials as Chris! Truthfully, my first thought was of Anne of Green Gables.. :D Hey it looks like you guys are finally getting sunshine!

Mary Killion said...

I have never read Anne of Green Gables!! She disliked Catherine in the book, I assume? haha

Francesca said...

I love your reasonings for "Cate." Makes it extra special. Just be prepared for a lot of misspellings. The only other "Cate" I know of is Cate Blanchett.