Monday, July 5, 2010

The first few days

Last night= fabulous. Cate slept from 12:30-6:45 am. Keep it up, daughter! :)

Cate and I left the hospital on Saturday morning, after I was seen by my OB and after Cate was seen by her pediatrician. Both gave us clean bills of health so off we went! Chris placed her in her car seat--

(seems like we were just doing this with Lizzie)


She loves her car seat (so far)

and quickly fell asleep on the short drive home, right after I took her picture.

It's so nice to be home again. We've been lucky so far with schedules and naps and the like. My dad and sister drove up yesterday and spent the night here, so they were able to meet Cate.


Unfortunately, Joe had to work this morning so he stayed in NJ. :(

Lizzie is pretty well-behaved around Cate. The only time where she's rough around Cate is when I'm feeding Cate. Liz names each part of Cate's body, which is cute...and then pokes or hits each part after she names it. (ie Pokes an eye, hits an arm.) We're working on controlling that haha

Here are some pictures of the little sister:




Julia is staying with us for another week. She is a great mother's helper and we are definitely thankful that we get to keep her around for a few more days. She's been such a big help around the house, especially with Lizzie.
Dad, Mom, and Katie headed home to NJ just a little awhile ago. It was a true blessing to have my mom here. Chris spent each night with me in the hospital and my mom and Julia stayed at the house with Lizzie. They visited us every day and I was grateful to know that my daughter would be taken care of while I was recovering. My mom is awesome--if you've ever met her, I don't need to tell you that but I will anyway! Gracias Mama!

4 comments:

Marlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlee said...

I LOVE HER HAIR! Mary, Cate is beautiful! You definitely know how to make pretty babies! I hope I get to meet her one day! Congrats! Give Liz a kiss for me!

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

That baby is so cute, but she looks like a couple weeks old, not a new born.

Meg said...

Keep the pictures coming! We can't wait to see her. We just got back from our little last minute 4th of July trip to NY and I think McKelle is over whatever she had. She doesn't have a fever anymore but she is still pretty cranky. I think it's a mix between tired and off her schedule from the trip and possibly some painful teeth :( So, we'll try to stop by soon if that's okay!