Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And so it begins

Chris finished his first week of law school and is now onto week #2! So far, so good. He likes his professors and his classes. He's been keeping up with all of his reading assignments, getting to work on time, etc. It makes for a very long day, which is why we look forward to the weekend so we can actually see our Daddy! I am so proud of Chris for accomplishing this dream of his, to attend law school. We are far from finished, but it feels great to know it's here.

We blessed our dear baby Cate on Sunday the 29th. We were a little nervous about how she would be during her blessing; before we got to church, she was pretty fussy. But once Chris began the blessing, she was an absolute angel. She even smiled right after the amen! My family was able to come down to the blessing, which was wonderful!
Nice face, Uncle Bill

The women (I had already taken Lizzie to nursery...sorry Miss Liz haha)

The men

Proud grandparents!

No more pictures please, I'm sleeping!


Julia is spending the week with us before school starts in NJ (Sept. 8). She's been a big help these past two days and we're always happy to have her here! We're going to go back-to-school shopping too. I may not be going to school, but I always look forward to the shopping part of it! ;)

Liz:
*is getting two upper molars; she has her cranky moments but for the most part she is still happy Miss Lizzie.
*is sleeping just fine in her toddler bed! She loves it immensely!
*is talking like a champ! Seriously, she repeats everything she hears and is learning a ton of new words all the time. I love hearing her speak; she has such a sweet voice!

Cate:
*is recovering from her first set of vaccines; she's a trooper!
*is laughing, laughing, laughing! The girl loves to smile and to interact with others.
*is still sleeping so well through the night (9:30pm-6:30am). She's terrific.

Some pictures from the week:
Sisterly love

Falling asleep at lunch

Look Mom, we found our hands!

Liz isn't paying attention but I love Cate's little smile here!!

Mommy and Daughter pedicures--Liz loved it!

Tummy time with Catie baby

Cate with Uncle Bill before he left for BYU

Cate loves her (aka once-was-Lizzie's) mobile

So fascinating!

Liz loves watching Mulan

5 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

So glad to hear that you are all doing fabulous! You look wonder (I'm jealous) and the girls are such little doll ababies. I can't believe Lizzie is alreay in a big girl bed :( Why are they growing up so fast??? We have Afton in a pack in play until we move into our permanent house, and she is almost to big for it. I hate this growing up business.
I can't believe Cate is sleeping like that! That is amazing!!!
Oh, and Sam loves Mulan too! He always is singing that "Be A Man" song.

Meg said...

Cate's hair gets more red every time I see new pictures! How adorable! I'm glad you guys are doing well with Chris in school. I've been worried about you. McKelle and I would love to come over and keep you company sometime!

Lois said...

Jeff thought it was very cool that he was able to help bless Cate! :) And I love that picture of Cate on the couch at church - too funny! Just let me know when you need a break from being a single mother during the week...

Evan and Amber said...

it is so amazing to me how much your two girls look nothing alike...I can't wait to see what your next kid looks like;)

Russ said...

Law School Chris! Way to go Brotha!