Monday, January 10, 2011

Mondays, Fundays

We spent the weekend sick. I was sick on Friday, Chris was sick on Saturday, and Cate is now sick. It's pretty easy to tell when Cate is sick--not only is she even more cranky than she usually is, she sleeps a lot. She fell asleep everywhere!




We went to DC on Saturday so Chris could grab a book from the GW bookstore that he needs for the semester. Here he is with the ladies, ready for another day of work and school!


Lizzie has been full of words lately and it is beyond fun to watch her express herself so clearly. The other day we ladies were playing in their room and Lizzie plopped down next to me. She spotted the beach ball across the room and she started to stand up, but then she stopped. She turned to me and said, "Mommy, YOU go get the ball!" I fought the urge to laugh but I told her, "You can get the ball if you want it, Missy." She smiled. "Okay, Mommy." And off she went!
My favorite though was Saturday morning when we were playing in the girls' room. Liz put on her sunglasses and her purse and told me goodbye. When I asked her where she was going, she said, "To college. I'll be back!" She has such a fun personality :)

Cate is eating a variety of foods now. She's tried peaches, pears, bananas, peas, green beans, and oatmeal cereal. Her favorite things to eat are the fruit and veggie puffs! Her face just lights up when I put them on her tray. She's even picking them up by herself and eating them on her own, and you can see the pride in her eyes--"I'm grabbing these all by myself! I'm awesome!"
Last week was Cate's six-month checkup. Her doc was very pleased with her growth:
Weight: 17 lbs, 8oz (80%)
Height: 26 3/8 in (60%)
HC: 18 in (+95%) My girls have big heads for those big smart brains of theirs! haha

I looked at Lizzie's six month stats and they are virtually similar to Cate's stats. Liz was just a teeny bit taller. This past week I've gone through the clothes bins (yet again!) to rearrange and I found a bunch of Lizzie's clothes that will be perfect for Cate during the next few months. Score!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Love it! Ok, not the sick part, but your girls are such fun! Liz will be off to college for real in no time. I can believe how much Cate has grown. :)