Monday, January 3, 2011

Wecome 2011!

Yes, I slacked off during the last part of December. Julia called me the other night and asked, "Why haven't you written a new blog in awhile?!" Here is a review of the last few weeks!

Lizzie is now two years old! We invited the Clark's over for cake and ice cream. It was a Toy Story birthday for Miss Lizzie!




We went up to Jersey the weekend before Christmas so my mom and I could host a bridal shower for my dear friend Alex who gets married in March. It was such a blast! We were laughing and laughing the whole time. Alex got a ton of great gifts and it was so good to see some of our old friends from the Cherry Hill Stake.





We went back to Jersey for Christmas and it was wonderful. Since Lizzie has a concept of Christmas, Santa Claus, and presents, it was so much fun watching her open her gifts. She loves everything Santa brought her, and everything from my family! Cate is obviously a little young to understand Christmas, so she had a great time playing with the gift wrap and boxes that her toys came in.







My good friend Marlee came to MD to visit her in-laws over the break. We were able to spend two afternoons together and it was fabulous! Liz and Cate absolutely loved her! We wish she lived closer but we are definitely happy to see her when she does come up this way! We went to the mall and Liz sat in a train (I forgot to get a picture of Marlee and me!).


We spent New Year's Eve at the Clark's. We watched Toy Story 3 with the girls and then put them to sleep so we adults could watch Salt--which was awesome, if you haven't seen it yet! We actually missed the ball drop because of the movie but that's okay because we ended up talking and laughing for another two hours or so!

We went to the Pistorius house on New Year's Day to watch the Rose Bowl with a fantastic fajita dinner. The Bergs came over too and it was one big party! The kids played so well together and we moms and dads had a fun time. Liz didn't want to leave!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Love it! Sounds like a great month with some fun celebrations. :) Hope the start of the new semester is good for you all!

Tammy said...

Mary I can't believe how big your girls are now!!! They are beautiful! :)

Meg said...

McKelle got the same jammies for Christmas from my mom that Lizzie is wearing in those pics (the pink leopard :)

PiZzA said...

I have so much to say about this post, but I'll keep it brief. First, my shower was amazing and thank you again for everything. :) Second, I literally started jumping up and down when I saw the pic of Lizzie playing with Mr. Potato Head! YAY! Third, I am so excited to see you again, February is way too far away. Love you!