Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First off, a big CONGRATULATIONS to our friends Dave and Meg on the the birth of their new baby boy Scott! He was born last week on 1/11/11 (how cool is that?!). He joins his big sister McKelle as the kids of the family. We can't wait to meet little Scottie!

I hate the winter. We're sickies in this house. Chris was kind enough to stay home with a sick Liz and a sick Cate on Sunday while I went to church so our Primary class wouldn't be left teacher-less. They're slowly but surely recovering, but I'm pretty sure I'm catching whatever is leaving their bodies. Stuffy nose, cough, sore throat, congestion...lovely.

Liz has been a pro on the potty! We bought her a little green potty from IKEA, which she liked to sit on...but nothing ever really happened. So we bought her one of those potty seats that go on top of the "big" toilet. Well, Liz is just fascinated by the idea of going on the "big" potty and she's already gone twice without me asking her if she needs to go.

Lizzie knows when she needs to go and tells me so (sometimes after she has already gone); this has been happening for a few months now. We still have a long way to go, especially since I'm not being very pushy about it, but we are happy with the start! I've read that the ideal time to begin potty training is between 27-32 months, and Lizzie is quickly approaching that period of time. Wish us luck!

Cate said ba-ba for the first time yesterday and she's been babbling that ever since! She's doing so well with eating her baby food; she just gobbles it up! This current cold/congestion has hit her pretty hard. Thankfully it hasn't disrupted her sleep or her eating habits. When she's happy, she's awesome!
Miss "I-like-to-make-noise-at-dinner-time"


Look at these two cuties! What sweet sisters :)



If you're looking for a good movie to rent, we recommend Inception and The A-Team!
Inception was SO GOOD. Very thought-provoking. We were very tired when we began it one night so we watched it again the next morning and we really liked it.
The A-Team was SOOOOOO FUNNY! I loved it! Well, I love Bradley Cooper so that's one reason why I wanted to see it. It did not disappoint!

I feel like soemthing has been lacking from my last few blog posts...and I've realized I've been lacking some confessions! How could I forget those?!

1. Professional pictures of pregnant women creep me out. Which is why I don't have any professional pictures of a pregnant me.
2. I despise winter. Have I mentioned that yet?
3. I watched Jerry Maguire for the FIRST time a few days ago.
4. Yes, Chris knows I love Bradley Cooper. I call him my white celebrity crush.
5. Taylor Lautner is my brown celebrity crush...my young, brown celebrity crush.

5 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE IT! The girls are so cute! I love how they look so much alike except for coloring. Hope you all feel well soon!

hwangberg said...

Mary you crack me up. We just watched the A-Team too and I was pleasantly surprised. Oh, and I totally all about Bradley Cooper too :)

Megan said...

I definitely agree with the pregnant women portraits! Why on Earth would I want to pay an outrageous amount of money on pictures of myself 50 lbs overweight? Plus my belly looks like a cat scratched the heck out of it.. so classy :)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Your girls are SOOO beautiful!!! I can't believe how fast they are growing! Good job Lizzie with the potty- Afton has NO idea what it is even for! Although, once she pulled down her pants, squatted in the middle of the living room (with her diaper still on) and starting going number 2. I was so shocked I didn't even know what to do.
I am totally with you on the preggy photo shoots! The worst are the close ups with the hands on the belly in a heart shape.

Unknown said...

I have loved reading your blog ever since you started it! I love watching your family grow. OH! And pregnant lady pictures GROSS ME OUT TOOOOOO!! You are so right. And I was so refreshed to hear someone else feel the same way. The absolute worst are pregnant women pictures where they are trying to be overtly sexy. Yuck.