Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A week off

That's what NJ means to me in a nutshell: a week off. I get many helping hands with Liz and Cate! We love going to Pop-pop and Mimi's house. We went to Julia's basketball game, Joe's swim meet, and a couple of WCHS boys basketball games. Sprinkle in some quality shopping time, (in the shopping cart car, of course)


catching up on season 3 of Lost, (Cate isn't a fan, as you can see)

5+ showings of Toy Story 3, (who picked that, I wonder ;)

and we're a happy bunch :)

One of our fun nights in NJ was bowling at 3J's! The building itself has been around since my dad was in high school--the decor reflects its age (love you Father!)--it has a fun, retro feel.




The cutest part was Lizzie bowling, complete in size 7/8 bowling shoes which seemed made just for her!

I fed Cate her dinner as we watched Dad, Chris, Katie, Julia, and Lizzie bowl the night away! Don't you love the 80's high chair? So old school!


Here are some pictures at our house before we took off to Jersey!






While we were away, Chris got to work on his paper and do some research in a quiet house. He is the proud owner of a new dresser courtesy of IKEA!

We bought his old dresser at a cute store in a shady section of FW and we thought we got a great deal...the neighborhood should've given us a clue. It's a piece of junk after our moves to UT and to MD. I'm surprised it's still standing! Either way, that dresser will make its way to the dump. Farewell cheap, hello classy!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! Reed was looking at your blog with me and I showed him Lizzie and Cate...he asked "Lizzie and Cake?" Then kept asking to look at pictures of "Cake" :) I think he likes her...but maybe it's just the name!

Anonymous said...

Mary, your babies are so lovely! Come to Utah so I can squeeze them! Miss you so much!