Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Florida Trip!

Last week I flew to Orlando to visit my best friend (since the 3rd grade, baby!) and her husband, the Smith family! When Alex and Taylor got married in New Jersey last March, I told her that no matter where she would be in a year, I would fly, drive, boat, GET MYSELF by her side when she and Taylor would be sealed in the temple. Last week was that time! There are so many emotions that accompany an important day such as your sealing day. We Latter-day Saints believe that being sealed in the temple means we are joined with our spouse for time and all eternity. Hearing that phrase often in our youth only emphasized its importance. Isn't the Orlando Temple absolutely gorgeous? I think the temple's beauty reflects what happens inside.
We went to the temple on Tuesday night first, for Alex to receive her endowment. Here is the happy couple!
And here's Alex and me!
After we left the temple, Taylor's parents treated us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was my first time there and it did NOT disappoint :) We had a wonderful time--Thank you again, Dennis and Lori! On Wednesday we went back again, this time for the sealing ceremony.
Hand in hand as husband and wife :)
Alex and Taylor's ward meets in the stake center across the street from the temple, so consequently many people from their ward work in the temple! (Including Taylor's parents) I felt so happy that night to see so much support from their ward and stake. They are truly loved! Congratulations to you, Alex and Taylor, on your special day :) In between the wonderful times at the temple, Alex and Taylor took me to Downtown Disney. Wow--what a fun place! That statement doesn't even do it justice...I know my girls would go NUTS if we ever go!
Thank you Alex and Taylor for an AWESOME time in Orlando! I loved my stay there and I miss you a ton already. Now I'm awaiting the arrival of your baby boy :)

1 comment:

Jana Barros said...

This is so cute! Check out my blog and if you like Underground Hiphop, download the Jana Barros Namesake album. It's #1 on the Charts for Amarillo, Texas. You can download the album at the following link:

www.JanaBarros.com

If you like what you hear, please leave a comment on my facebook fanpage. I'm growing as an artist, encouraging all of my friends to comment, and I frequently check the wall at the following link:

www.facebook.com/janakbarros

*Cya*

--Jana Barros