Friday, March 14, 2008

Just another day in TX

I've finished my homework for the week and I even got a head start on next week's work! Thank goodness. I'll be taking a midterm here soon enough, and then...on with life.
Chris was anxious to get started on season four of Alias since we've finished season three last week, so we went to Blockbuster last night and grabbed the first DVD. It's a pain that they don't put the whole season together, although I know why they don't do it. Seems great so far. One thing Chris always laughs about is Sydney. I never really noticed it before, but she can be very hypocritical, in a split second's worth of time. For instance, at the end of last season, Vaughn's wife betrays him, and Sydney says to Jack, "You can't just go and kill her," something to that effect. But then the next scene Vaughn's wife nearly kills Vaughn, and Sydney's face fills the screen, with an omnious, deadpan voice: "I'm going to kill her." Chris pretty much rolled off the couch at that one.
Then, first episode of season four (which we watched last night), Vaughn and Sydney are on Sydney's porch; Michael says, "I really miss you." Sydney replies, "Vaughn, we have to take this slow." Okay, the decision's been made. But, a few minutes later, after they've completed their mission, they're at Sydney's place and they're going at it like there's no tomorrow. So much for "slow." Chris cracked up at that, too. Ahhhh Alias.
Well, we'll be taking another Penske truck across the country from Fort Worth to Provo. They had an excellent rate and Chris sealed the deal last night. We used Penske when we drove from New Jersey to Texas and we loved it. They are clean, new, bright trucks, as opposed to another company we've used and now despise (cough UHAUL cough).
So I was on a baking frenzy yesterday for whatever reason, and I made two things: lime melt-aways and peanut butter blondies. The lime melt-aways are FANTASTIC. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart. I came across the peanut butter blondies while flipping through one of my cookbooks. They're essentially a white brownie--get it, a blondie? haha Anyways, I started making it and got everything started--when I realized I had no baking powder. Oh. Well...I went ahead and put them in the oven. They turned out all right, but I'm sure they would be even better when no ingredients are omitted. Oops!
Well, I'm teaching Relief Society on Sunday, Lesson #5 "Repentance," and I should start looking over the material...

No comments: