Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ocupada

Busy! That's what we've been this week!

Second to my asthma and allergy problems, my MOUTH has given me the worst trouble in my young adult life. It all started when I got my braces in the middle of freshman year of high school and said goodbye to them midway through my junior year. This is me, the day I got my braces. I tell you--I was in a severe amount of pain that day, as my face illustrates:Actually, I consider the Braces Era as a good time because my teeth straightened out, and so did my smile! This is from the day after I got them off: But, my four bouts of tonsillitis last winter semester paved the way for my tonsillectomy. My retainer would not fit properly over my recently-filled cavities, so I had to go back and get them smoothed down so the retainer could fit properly. AND, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday because they've caused problems--pushing up against my back teeth, pressure on the molars, etc. I love my teeth, especially after the two fun-filled years of braces, but they can be aggravating at times!

We're back on track with Alias, season four. Chris and I have decided we will truly miss watching Marshall every week when we're done with the show. Marshall, for those of you who have never seen Alias, is the genius behind all the technology that the team uses in operations. He's incredibly smart--almost too smart. You know the type--because he's so smart he sometimes has a hard time getting down on a normal person's level of comprehension. But with Marshall, it's not annoying, it's downright hilarious. He trails onto outrageous tangents and we can't help but laugh whenever he comes on the screen.

Tonight I'm going visiting teaching with my good friend, my VT companion, Stephanie. She's awesome. Whenever we're together, we have so much fun! And later tonight, Jamie and Tammy are coming over to visit teach me! They too are wonderful and I love it when they visit.

Just for your enjoyment (and mine, too): Some pictures of us when we were oh so young!

2 comments:

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

you were such a cute little girl. My goodness, your braces story reminds me of the good ol' days. My dad says he wanted to wait to put braces on me when I turn 16, and well he did. : ).

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

you guys are gonna have cute kids!! And don't forget, Halcyon is a beautiful name when that time comes ;)