Monday, April 21, 2008

Details (copied from the Facebook note)

Well, well. Yes, I am pregnant; Chris and I found out on Friday and we are more than excited! People have been curious about the details, so here they are!
I got off the pill (THANK YOU, HEAVENLY FATHER) in late November. This pregnancy came at a safe time because it has been over three months since I've been off the pill. (Your body needs time to adjust after the hormones.)
I woke up nauseated nearly every morning last week, and that glorious time of the month was late...so naturally Chris and I got suspicious. I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive, but I was questioned it, so Chris made an appointment for me to see the doctor the very next day. The doctor confirmed our suspicions. (There is just something more sound about a doctor telling you you're pregnant than a plastic stick telling you you're pregnant!)
So of course, after the doctor's, we stopped by Babies R'Us, Target, and other stores just to gawk and to smile at all the beautiful baby accessories. We even picked out what we want if we have a boy or a girl! (For the record--I want a girl; Chris wants a boy.)
I got a blood test done while at the doctor's and I should be hearing the results soon. I'll find out then how far I am along (approximately) and when I will be due (mid-December).
Thank you for all of your congratulations and well-wishes for us! We are so blessed to have such wonderful and caring friends.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hooray! Congratulations :) A baby Killion will be so cute!

Russ said...

I was a babies R'us once.
: )