Monday, May 5, 2008

For love of New Jersey

A week in New Jersey is almost not enough time to fully experience (or to remember) the place. We hadn't been back to North Wildwood since our wedding last June, so this was a momentous occasion. When we arrived, some friends asked us if we were spending the summer there--WE WISH, was my hasty reply. However, Chris and I have already decided that we're moving back up there someday...someday we will live there permanently. Housing prices need to continue to slide... :D
Well, I felt like we hardly slept while we were there but that's fine because we did so much! We went everywhere important (NW beach, MMS, the Seawall, the boardwalk, Cape May, Philly, Sikahema's house, Women's Conference (the girls and me, not Chris!), etc.), we ate everything we wanted to eat (Italian hoagies; meatball sandwiches; cheesesteaks; my father's seafood delights: scallops, flounder, mussels; anything Wawa related, including pretzels, ciabatta melts, and milkshakes; my mom's homemade salsa and rice; SCRAPPLE; etc.) and we loved every second of our time spent in lovely North Wildwood! There is nothing quite like the feeing of sitting in the living room, laughing hysterically, surrounded by my family. *Technically, the living room was replaced by Kate's room, where Bill decided to set up his Guitar Hero and his 80's StarSing. Good times, good times!
Here are some pictures of the trip--ENJOY!
At 2nd Avenue and JFK Blvd. The Seawall in NW
Joe, Danielle, and Julia during our seawall adventure
Chris and me on the world-famous Wildwoods boardwalk, overlooking the Atlantic Julia's Baptism Day! The Jett family, with Killion additions :)

My father on Guitar Hero! (Sorry Father, couldn't resist!)
Chris decidedly concentrating on Guitar Hero
My bullseye on the family dartboard in the dining room!
We didn't want to leave!
The end of the boardwalk, Cresse Ave. Our bike ride morning!
The "children" ...We are so old now that I hardly consider any of us KIDS!
The Jett Sisters: Mary, Katie, Julia

4 comments:

Megan said...

You should have aimed the camera of the one picture to the left more so you could see my house at the other end of the block :-D

Congrats on the pregnancy, by the way, you must be crazy excited!! Are you going to be going back to school??

Bond Fam said...

Im so jealous, me and Brian have been wanting to go to Jersey so bad lately. We went last summer but we need to go this year! Ive only been there twice and I already love it so much!

Russ said...

I MISS WILDWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: )

Brian said...

Holy cow I can't believe how big everyone is. Looks like yall had a good time.