Thursday, May 29, 2008

Boom-boom-boom-boom

We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. It was AWESOME! At first, the doctor located mine, which was steady and even. Then, she found the baby's, and it was rapid--which is a good thing; if it's less than 120 bpm, that's bad. But Baby's was 160! AWESOME! She even encouraged us to call anyone we wanted, so we called my family, where Mom, Dad, and Julia were able to hear. Then we called Chris's mom and she heard it. AWESOME!
The doctor said she thinks it's a girl because the beat was staying pretty much in the same place. In her experience, boys tend to move around more and she has to search everywhere for their heartbeat. When my mom heard it, she changed her mind (she's been saying it is a girl) and now believes Baby Killion to be a boy. We shall see!
I go see the doctor in a month and I am scheduled for a sonogram--we'll find out whether Baby Killion is a boy or girl!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Hurray! That's so exciting! I didn't know you could make guesses on gender based on heartbeats...interesting... :D You'll have to keep us updated when you go next month (that is if you guys want to). Hurray!

Bond Fam said...

How exciting! Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is the best feeling! For some reason it is just so reasurring to hear that little heartbeat.

PiZzA said...

I'm putting my money on Liz being the first. We both know that female first-borns are a good bet. (wink wink) I am so stinkin excited!! Oh my gosh, and I met Erica's little guy for the first time last week, he is AMAZING!!! Do you have photo texting? Let me know, and I can text you his pic. Hehehe

emily and kevin griffin said...

i can't believe you're a mom...this just makes it more official. so cool! yay for little baby killion.

kristi said...

Where have I been?? I had no idea you were even pregnant!! Congratulations.....ahhh....i loved being pregnant. I hope you are feeling okay!

And I'm guessing a girl if it's in the 160's!!