Sunday, October 19, 2008

The calm before the storm

Greetings from Provo, UT!
Some notables from this week:
--I handed in my GRADUATION APPLICATION on Thursday! Oh man, I'm so close to graduation. After this semester, I will be able to taste graduation--I'm sure of it. April 2009, here I come!
--We bought a crib mattress yesterday. Chris was amazingly gracious to put the whole crib ensemble together while I wrote my Jane Austen criticism paper. It looks terrific! Thank you Husband!Look at the detail in the bedding. I had to take a close up so you could see all the sea creatures.
In addition to the mattress, we bought the stroller! It's a Baby Trend Expedition Travel System. We got the big wheels we wanted for maneuverability. That's one more big item crossed off our to-do list. We're still on the hunt for a chair/rocker/glider/whatever you want to call it, that is decently priced.
--On Friday night, the group of us (when I say group, I mean the Killion's, the Holden's, the Stapley's, the Lee's) were treated to a tour of the Haunted Forest in American Fork. David, Steve H.'s cousin, said that since he hadn't bought any of us wedding presents, he would take us to the Haunted Forest. Awesome! We had a great time. Some of the costumes and tricks in there were pretty clever, I must admit. I think my years going through the Haunted House at the Elks Lodge and the Haunted Hay Rides at the beach gave me some experience in not becoming terribly scared (at least that's what I told myself). We then hit up the Cafe Rio in American Fork for some good food.
--Last night brought us some DIVINE COMEDY. SO funny! Divine Comedy is BYU's premier comedy sketch troupe. I've been to a show (or two) every year that I've been here at school and it is always a treat to see them perform. I really laugh when they parody BYU tendencies and the like. Go check them out: www.divinecomedy.net. Here are the couple pictures (sorry Holden's; I forgot to take a picture of you...I thought I did. :(
We then invited everyone over to our place to watch some football and Be Cool. Be Cool holds a special place in the guys' hearts; the boys, especially Steve H. and Chris, quoted it all the time when Chris and I started dating, and I had no idea what they were talking about. Chris and I happened to see it on sale recently, so we bought it and we knew we had to get everyone over so the wives could finally watch it and understand what the husbands had been talking about!
--I'm just over 32 weeks along...drum roll please! Only a little bit of time left before the world becomes a better place :) My mom bought her ticket to Utah this week. She'll be flying in on December 10th!! I'm not exactly smiling in this picture, but you get the idea.


That's all from this side of the U.S. This next week is so busy--I don't know if I will have time to breathe. Luckily, some good things are happening (aka my baby shower!) so I have these good things to look forward to. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Suzy J said...

The Race is on! I know you are due the week before me but my Doc said that he won't let me go past the 11th if I don't go before then. That is the luxury of #4. They tend to know how big your babies will be and how you react to the pregnancy thing. I am done with this whole process! You look great by the way! No baby showers for #4! :( I know what my mom is getting you! :) I wish I could be there! Be sure to look up "Hooter Hiders" They are the best cover for nursing! We sure miss you! Love ya!

Little Lovables said...

Awe, the crib set is so nice, and what a deluxe stroller set!

I have never heard of Divine Comedy, when I was up there, it was all about Johnny Biscuit (right?)

And yay for baby showers, I hop you get lots of great stuff... and are able to retunr the stuff you don't need (a ton of size newborn clothes, cuz those babies grow FAST).

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Yay!!!! I ordered that same travel system because the one we got is only suitable for a boy, and I wanted the jogging stroller so we got both! I'll let you know how it works out! :)