Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome to October!

This week with school was fine. ...Nothing too exciting to report. Although I must say I feel bad for the people who sit directly behind me in my classes. Liz bounces all over the place, which makes me really fidgety. I feel like I'm never sitting still, so I'm sure it can get frustrating for the people who sit behind me and who get to watch me move into 153 positions during a fifty-minute class...Oh well ;)
Friday night brought some Jersey people into town, from Rexburg, Idaho (where BYU-Idaho is located). Dawnelle and Jonathan Sarlo came down with Dawnelle's younger sister Hannah and Alex hosted a 18th birthday party for Hannah. It was amazing to be around Jersey people--it always is! Here's a picture of the girls:
We were very excited for Saturday morning, because our friends Rob and Jamie were AWESOME enough to give us tickets to the Saturday morning session of General Conference. We made it just in time, had great seats in the balcony, and were ready for some words of inspiration. Imagine my surprise when President Monson announced five new temples to be built: including one in PHILADELPHIA! I almost fell out of my seat! Ask Chris, tears were coming out my eyes because I was simply and completely overjoyed at this wonderful news. A temple in Philly! That will cut our (when I say our, I mean Cape May New Jerseyites) temple trip time: rather than a three and a half hour drive, it will be less than two for the Cape May crowd! Man, I can't stop smiling when I think about a temple in the City of Brotherly Love :D Chris turned to me (while we were still in the session) and whispered, "So I'm guessing we'll be out there for the dedication?" Oh yes, Husband--you got it! We took some pictures outside (in the rain) after the session ended.
*On a side note, my brother Elder Jett sang with the MTC Choir, who performed during the Priesthood session of the Conference. His face appeared on the screen three or four times, so I'm told! :D
After the session, we left Salt Lake and headed north to Clearfield to visit my Aunt Tawna and Uncle Dan. As usual, we drove up I-15 through Chris's mission areas! I love it when we go up there because I feel like I am right there with Chris, when he was there...if that makes any sense. We always have a great time when we go to Clearfield. Bottom line, my aunt and uncle are the best! They won't let us lift a finger during our stay, and their grandkids are always a joy to see. I've seen most of them grow older! Naturally, Sunday afternoon today arrived too quickly. Tawna and Dan were nice enough to send us some with soup and french bread. On our way back down, we made a stop in West Jordan to say hello to Grandma and Grandpa Carter, who gave us some homemade jam to take back to Provo with us (yum!). Chris said we'll have to have some bread and jam for breakfast tomorrow--I'm fine with that!
Well, I still have some homework to complete before class tomorrow--I couldn't do ALL of my homework while on the mini-vacation in Clearfield! ;) Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Suzy J said...

AHhhhh, grannies jam! She sent us home with 2 jars that we save for Sundays! I am hoping she sends more with my mom when she comes out! You are looking great! Not to much longer! Love ya!