Sunday, September 28, 2008

...Where did September go?

Man, I feel like we just got back to Provo and that everything is getting under way. In reality, we've been back for nearly two months and we've fallen into a great routine. (I love schedules and routines; I just feel better knowing what I have to do and when I have to do it.)
This week's excursions went well! I got a 91% on my Elang test--gotta love that. I believe I did fairly well on my Spanish test but I won't find out that score until Wednesday when my professor comes back from vacation. The girl at the Testing Center told me I was the first person to take the Spanish test--I thought that was pretty cool. I'm not a procrastinator (when it comes to tests, anyway) but I never imagined I'd be the first in a class to take one. So there I go! My Jane Austen paper and criticism notebook were both handed in on Friday...the school life ended well this week. Let's hope this week will be just as good or even better!
On Monday night we went to the Holden's apartment to celebrate Steve's birthday. Britney made some ridiculously good angel food ice cream cake and we loved it. And as always, the laughs never cease when we are all together!
Don't the cakes look amazing? Good job Brit!
Steve is making his wish...
The Stapley's
The Lee's
The Killion's
On Friday night, the Lee's stopped by and naturally, we made a Beto's run. Chris says that's one of the things he missed about being here in Provo. But now we're back and we can enjoy it once more! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Beto's, it's a fast-food Mexican restaurant (I use the term "restaurant" loosely here). It's kinda sketchy inside, but MAN are the burritos AMAZING! Chris will get a cheese, potato, bacon, and egg burrito and they are to die for! I'll sometimes get one of those, but this time I got a bean and cheese--also very tasty. Beto's is known for their midnight visits by the college students; a lot of people go at midnight on Sunday, so it's technically Monday night haha.
Saturday was great because it was full of football and full of spirit! We girls (Britney, Brianna, Adri, me) got together at Bri's stake center to watch the General Relief Society Broadcast because they had a humanitarian project and dinner before the broadcast (okay, let's be honest--we went for the food ;D). We had a terrific time and all the speakers were wonderful. Afterwards, we went back to the Holden's where we glorified in all the top 10 upsets...and BYU's current #8 ranking!
Today was also a fantastic day; we had our home teachers over for the very first time and they are really cool. My visiting teachers also stopped by and I can tell that we will have some good times. We topped the night by going to Molly Adams's house in Lehi for dinner. Chris and I ran into Carrie and her husband yesterday and they invited us over for today's dinner. GREAT food, GREAT people. It was essentially a Linwood fest, with some Cape May flavor provided by Chris and me haha. We had a marvelous time being with the Jersey crowd.
I decided it was time for a haircut (see previous picture above). When it gets too long, it gets too heavy; since my hair is so fine, heavy just doesn't work. So I went to Paul Mitchell where I had my girl Britney Smith, formerly of Moorestown, take care of my problem. What do you think? :)
We are looking forward to General Conference this weekend--we will be up in Clearfield visiting Aunt Tawna and Uncle Dan, in addition to going to the Saturday morning session with our friends, the Chaffin's. Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

emily and kevin griffin said...

cute hair!

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

hair cut is way cute. My goodness, that is one thing Brigg and I really miss from Provo is Betos. We went there all the time.

Suzy J said...

love the hair, love the shoes, love the bag love everything! (from "My Best Friends Wedding) We sure miss you guys here. My mom is now coming for Thanksgiving and she has it all planned so we will for sure miss you then. It is always better when "the mom" plans it. You guys are sure busy. Are you ready to have that baby yet? Freakin' I am!!!! Only about 10 weeks left! Scary! Get all your Christmas shopping done! Speaking of Christmas, what are you guys gonna be for Halloween? We love you!