Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week Tres

We all know that the week drags on and the weekend flies by way too fast.
This weekend was no exception. Friday night, we had my great friend Ashley Walters come over with her boyfriend, Chris Jensen. We watched Stay Alive--pretty freaky! It was a good story and thankfully, it wasn't cheesy. On Saturday, Chris and I had the Lee's and Brianna over to watch the BYU Cougars KILL the Wyoming Cowboys, 44-0. (Steve was feeling under the weather and used the game time to get some sleep!) The boys ran to Macey's during halftime and brought us some snacks for the second half. The game was phenomenal; there is nothing better than watching your team in its glory.
Later that night, we met up with our Texas friends, Rob and Jamie. (We were in the PG 1st ward in TX together and they moved to American Fork a month before we came up to Provo!) We went to a busy Applebee's for dinner; after we left Applebee's, we were good to go to Trafalga in Orem. Trafalga is a combination of mini golf (indoor and outdoor), go-karts, batting cages, arcade, etc. They have a date package that includes everything I just mentioned, plus some Dippin' Dots, so we went ahead and bought it! We did the indoor mini golf course, which was pretty spectacular--everything glow-in-the-dark. The go-karts were so much fun--Chris must have sped past me five times; apparently I was going slow! haha Unfortunately, only two of the seven batting cages were working, and the line for those two cages were long. Instead, we went to the arcade and asked if we could substitute tokens for the cages. The answer was yes so we went to work! I won the jackpot on one of the games and I got 549 tickets in one shot! Chris loved the basketball game and did very well with it! The Chaffin's got a lot of tickets too, and they were kind enough to give them to us. We ended up getting a baby Big Bird for Liz's room (most of the other prizes were kind of boring). We all then enjoyed our Dippin' Dots. What a great night!Today was a very happy day in the Killion household. In addition to a wonderful morning at church, both the Eagles and the Broncos won this afternoon! (Eagles beat Steelers, 15-6; Broncos beat Saints, 34-32.)
This week is busy: two exams, Spanish speaking lab, Jane Austen paper...keeps me going! We love you and miss you and we hope you have an awesome week!

3 comments:

The Zambrana's said...

The Eagles won? I should expect a sad phone call from my father shortly. Haha.

I think it's awesome you guys make sure to find time to go out and spend together the way you did when you were dating and first engaged. :)

PiZzA said...

dude, kudos on your photography skills. that pic of chris shooting the basketball is awesome. and i love trafalga. Me, Dawnelle, and Jonathan used to go all the time.

Suzy J said...

Mary! We miss you tons! When are you moving back? You look fabulous and you make me feel like a slacker when I read all you do in a week. I am lucky to shower more than twice and only have to wipe bums 3 times a week. One day I will learn another language and possibly have a degree in more than counting to 3! Until then I am off to take my weekly shower and eat something I don't have to share! I love your guts...uterus and all! (What a cute freakin' name by the way!)