Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Week-Finished!

This past week included the first four days of school, all of which were awesome. I LOVE my classes: English Language 325 (The Grammar of English); English 350 (The Bible as Literature); English 384R (studying Jane Austen); English 495 (the Senior Course-Twain and James in America); and Spanish 326 (Spanish Phonetics and Pronunciation). I have friends in every class and that makes every class better. It's a lot of reading, but I knew to expect that coming into it--this is an English major, after all! I got a little nervous after the first two days of school, just worried about doing these classes while having Liz bouncing around my middle, but Chris gave me a blessing and I feel better again. It's refreshing to be back on campus amongst the other 30,000 students.
This weekend was great! Friday night we went to the Holden's for a Murder Mystery Party and dinner and we all had a blast. The "murder" took place in Cottonwood, CO in 1984. Chris played the part of a bodyguard who was secretly a KGB agent, while I played a flight attendant, who in reality was an FBI agent. We had a wonderful time with our friends: the Stapley's, the Holden's, and the Lee's. This is everyone in character:
Chris: Roberto Martine. Mary: Tiffany Enderly.
Yesterday was jammed packed: we began our afternoon at the Holden's again, this time to watch the BYU-Washington game. We won 28-27 and we were on the edge of our seats for a good part of the "controversial" game. From there, we went to my freshman ward reunion at Kiwanis Park. It was so much fun to see all the boys back from their missions, all the girls married with their husbands, and the few babies and babies-to-be in attendance. I loved my freshman ward immensely! After the reunion, Chris and I headed over to our stake center for the adult session of Stake Conference.
And we went to Stake Conference this morning--ours was a regional broadcast seen by 135 stakes in Utah and Wasatch Counties. It was broadcast from the Marriott Center--two of our speakers were President Boyd K. Packer and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf! I loved their talks and the messages they had for us. Tonight is a CES Fireside, also being broadcast from the Marriott Center, and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland is speaking! I love Sundays! This is me before Conference this morning: 26 weeks along.

Well, that's all from this end of the country. I hope you all have a good week and that you out in the East remain safe and dry in the midst of those tropical storms/hurricanes. Love you!

2 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Posts like this make me miss Provo!

The Zambrana's said...

Mary, pregnancy agrees with you beautifully!