Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a week in Provo!

School is great. I'm enjoying what I'm learning and I hope that continues! I don't know what else to say about it, besides the fact that it is going well...but if you're interested in English Grammar or Jane Austen, etc., I'd be happy to tell you about it ;)
This weekend was awesome. On Friday night, Chris and I went to the Utah State Fair, as a tribute to our very first date! This is us, two years ago, after our first date to the Fair...
And this was us on Friday night!Even though I couldn't go on any rides (for the obvious reason), we still had a great time. We watched an illusionist show, checked out some huge anacondas/boa constrictors, and looked at art and photography displays. We even ate an elephant ear (fry bread) and Chris won me a teddy bear. As we were leaving, we stopped by some vendors, and we found the cutest sundress for Liz, which was made in Ecuador! It will be perfect for summer time...maybe it will get an appearance in North Wildwood this upcoming summer (we hope, we hope!).
Saturday was busy as usual, but I wouldn't have it any other way. President Sikahema is THE man who got us tickets for the BYU vs. UCLA game. He even invited us into the Cougar Club, where he was a guest speaker. We then grabbed some food and headed up to our seats, where we watched UCLA absolutely crumble underneath BYU and where they lost 59-0 (worst loss for UCLA since 1929). It was SO hot outside, but it was a great game! BYU should gain some more respect for this win, and we should move up in the AP Poll...we shall see tomorrow. After the game, President Sikahema treated a group of us to dinner at the Pizza Factory. We had quite a crowd there and we had a marvelous time.
I have a new calling in our ward--I'm the Service Coordinator. We have a lot of activities coming up in the Stake, including a Free for All (bring things you don't use anymore to give away to someone who will use them) and a Blood Drive, so I'm helping out at those and I'll be getting people to volunteer, too. I'm excited for it because it will help me to get to know more people in the ward. :)
Well, that's all from here. Hope to hear from you soon. I'll talk to you next week!

1 comment:

Bond Fam said...

How fun! Im glad you guys had such a good time!